X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    We might have Mike Pelfrey for 2 years at $16.

*shrug*
    Arizona signs Grienke and we sign.... Pelfrey. Maybe he can play left field, too.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Arizona signs Grienke and we sign.... Pelfrey. Maybe he can play left field, too.
      No way in the world would I have given Greinke that deal. That's over $34/year. No *ing way.

You can sign 2 Zimmermans for 1 Greinke.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        No way in the world would I have given Greinke that deal. That's over $34/year. No *ing way.

You can sign 2 Zimmermans for 1 Greinke.
        They let Albuquerque go and sign Pelfry? well maybe he's a bull pen guy. I can't see him winning any games as a starter.

I don't think they are done.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          They let Albuquerque go and sign Pelfry? well maybe he's a bull pen guy. I can't see him winning any games as a starter.

I don't think they are done.
          Al Al isn't going to ever be consistent again, not with that screw in his elbow. As for Pelfry, they're going to try him at the back half of the rotation. It might turn out to be Alfredo Simon at his low point. We'll see.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Apparently Jerrod Saltalamacchia is going to be our backup catcher in 2016. One year deal for roughly the league minimum.
            Last edited by Hammer; 12-06-2015, 07:13 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Now a 2 year deal for reliever Mark Lowe.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm not sure Lowe is an improvement, maybe. I think we'll see a trade for a left fielder at the winter meetings. Certainly an aggressive last month or so.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Lowe is probably the primary set-up man. It's either that or watch Alex Wilson blow his arm out by Memorial Day (which might happen anyway).

And hopefully we do see a new LF, one way or another.

One more BP arm and a LF, and this roster will really take shape.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rumors that the Tigers are looking at Cespedes or Alex Gordon for the left field spot.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

Either would be more than acceptable. I guess Mr. I IS going to spring for some luxury tax next year.

God, that was fun...

Comment

He's pretty much been in IDGAF mode with his money, which makes sense. If every pro sports owner in the country was thrown into a volcano, Mr. I would be the only one I might feel bad about.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          Rumors that the Tigers are looking at Cespedes or Alex Gordon for the left field spot.
                          According to the Detroit News, Cespedes is looking for 6 years, $20 million per.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            He's pretty much been in IDGAF mode with his money, which makes sense. If every pro sports owner in the country was thrown into a volcano, Mr. I would be the only one I might feel bad about.
                            Good point, but at his age he could keel over any time. I liked how he took his toys and went home when it came to what Mad Max did to him during negotiations. I don't know if he thought his former GM was moonlighting also, but he got the heave ho, too.

But, to Hammer's point, he isn't dumb enough to pay 34MM to one player per year, even if he was Cy Young.

Comment

Well, we are on the hook for a quarter of a billion to Miggy for the next 8 years.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Tigers trade 2 minor league pitchers to the Yankees for LHP Justin Wilson. I don't think we gave up too much for him. Both pitchers had WHIPs over 1.400 last year.

Our bullpen makeover is nearing completion. If I had to guess, our pen will look something like:

VerHagen
                                Hardy
                                Alex Wilson
                                Justin Wilson
                                Mark Lowe
                                K-Rod

Plus one more arm that will reveal itself in March. I can live with this, assuming our starting rotation holds up and Pelfrey doesn't embarrass himself too badly as a #5 starter, and Norris/Boyd/Fulmer can lock down the #4 spot.

Now go get a left fielder (preferably a LH bat) and we're in decent shape.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X