X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Had him last year. The minimum of 6 also referred to runs given up in each start.
    You didn't specify this in your criteria.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'll roll the dice with Boyd, tyvm.

I suspect that either Sanchez or Pelfrey is getting released before we go north, but not both.

And we still don't have a CF.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Finally got to see a game at Joker Marchant Tuesday. Great venue, perfect weather... but somehow, the way the Phillies AA team lit up every pitcher that came close to the strike zone put a damper on the day. I think Bryan Holaday homered twice. Machado was making great contact but couldn't make it to the warning track... Romine played well...
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Did anyone in the organization ever offer any kind of excuse for hiring "Mike Pelfrey" to be a baseball pitcher? I don't understand it. It would be like electing "The Donald" Trump to run the whole country.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Fulmer tapped as Opening Day starter.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Point of clarification: Verlander will start Game 1. Fulmer will start the HOME opener later that week.

It's almost here...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Mark Lowe has been released.

Also, Anthony Gose will try to make it as a pitcher now.

If I had to guess, Pelfrey and Sanchez both go north with the team, with Boyd getting the trip to Toledo. In other words, same ****, different year.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I was in lakeland the last week or so. I saw several home and away games. I liked a few things but Lowe was bad and needed to go.
                  Bow has been fantastic, so has Sanchez, since he changed his delivery. I question if Zimmermann will get into the rotation.
                  As far as the changes, public park, is nice but it loses the feel of the old spring training parks and is more a money grab a la the yankees, braves, etc. We went to a game in Orlando and I hated the braves park.
                  Dunedin is much more what I think of as a spring training venue.

Hitting wise, we have issues. JD is hurt, Miggy also, the center field position remains wide open and no one wants the job, though I give collins the inside track. Nick is tearing the cover off the ball, anyone who has him on their fantasy team will do well. Navarro played a lot of first base and he was ok, but he can't hit. Presley was descent. I understand they might either 1 move Kinsler, or 2 Machado. They can't keep both of them and Machado is out of options. Stay tuned.
                  Last edited by manurespreader; 03-26-2017, 07:03 PM.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• How many wins for a Wild Card?

And your predictions for the Central this year?
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Boyd starts as the #5, Sanchez to the pen
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Boyd starts as the #5, Sanchez to the pen
                        I don't think he will be there long, given how well he has been throwing and how lousy Norris is doing. Norris needs about 3 weeks off.

Pelfry is not terrible except for one thing. he doesn't hide the ball. he gives the hitter a real good look at it and makes it much easier to hit. if he could figure that out he'd be strong. his stuff is decent. unfortunately, I think he will be released.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tigers win, 6-3. Bedtime, so too lazy to get Giant Tiger.

Comment

Game postponed until a doubleheader on 5/26
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Game postponed until a doubleheader on 5/26
                              Might as well find a new date for tomorrow's game too.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Might as well find a new date for tomorrow's game too.
                                DC looks like Portland in October. I don't think it's ever going to stop raining again.

And Jesus this town is DEPRESSING when it rains. At least Portland is pretty.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X