X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

goal_light

ORTIZ!!
    Boston up 5-3 on Toronto in the bottom of the 7th.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

gianttiger

6-2 win. Great start by Norris.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

And Boston closes it out. Tigers are one back in the win column on Toronto, so they now control their own destiny.

Comment

• Tigers down 2-1 in the 6th.

Jays and Red Sox tied at 2 in the 4th.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

5-2 Braves now.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Bases loaded, 0 out. Miggy strikes out, and then JD goes GIDP on the very next pitch.

That might be the final dagger in this season.

God, that was fun...

Comment

If I'm reading the standings properly, a Toronto win tonight coupled with wins by Toronto and Baltimore tomorrow eliminates us, and renders any Tiger game on Monday unnecessary.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  If I'm reading the standings properly, a Toronto win tonight coupled with wins by Toronto and Baltimore tomorrow eliminates us, and renders any Tiger game on Monday unnecessary.
                  Put your trust in the Toronto bullpen.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Tigers have to win today and hope like hell that Toronto and Baltimore lose, correct?
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Tigers have to win today and hope like hell that Toronto and Baltimore lose, correct?

At least one
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Tigers have to win today and hope like hell that Toronto and Baltimore lose, correct?
                        Yes. In a scenario that's would be too fun to have play out to actually happen, it's possible for a Game 164.

Three-Club Tie for Two Wild Card Spots:
                        After Clubs have been assigned their A, B and C designations, Club A would host Club B. The winner of the game would be declared one Wild Card winner. Club C would then host the loser of the game between Club A and Club B to determine the second Wild Card Club.

So, if Baltimore and Toronto lose today, and the Tigers win today and tomorrow, that creates the scenario above.

Toronto would have first pick of designation, we would have last and get stuck with Club B.

Game 162 would be tomorrow, Game 163 Tuesday, Game 164 Wednesday, then the actual Wild Card Thursday, and finally the ALDS would start Friday.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          At least one
                          Correct. At this point, Toronto and the O's can both max out at 89 wins, as both have 88 right now. The best the Tigers can do is 88.

If both Toronto and Baltimore win today, the Tiger season ends today.

Oh, and all games start today at ~ 3 PM, plus or minus 10 minutes or so. A virtual shotgun start across MLB for the last day of the season.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 10-02-2016, 11:58 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Baltimore up 3-0, top 4

God, that was fun...

Comment

Baltimore up 5-1, Toronto leads Boston 1-0. Meanwhile, the Tigers are playing a rousing game of beat-dick, what with their 1 hit and all.

Come on, guys. It's not like this game is important or anything.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Verlander has gotten jack and **** in run support this season.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X