This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

At least it felt like it had been a while since we had had one of those.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Unless the Tigers have a complete reversal of fortune against Cleveland, these next three games are probably the biggest of the year.

1-0 Tigers B4, but they had runners on 1st and 3rd, nobody out, with Miggy coming up in the third and got nada. That's probably going to come back to cost them.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Seven innings two runs allowed and no decision for Fulmer after Alex Wilson ****es away a 3-2 lead in three batters.

Comment

goal_light

Victor!!

4-3 bottom 8.

Comment

gianttiger

K-Rod closes it out for a 4-3 win. Tigers are back into a tie with the Orioles for the last wild card spot with two more against Baltimore.

Comment

Gotta do no worse than a split the rest of this weekend.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Zimmerman was dreadful in his big league return. I swear, the Tigers have never won a game I've been able to watch on MLB Network.

Comment

Kinsler leads off with a bomb, but maaaan, the Tigers blew their opportunity this weekend. This weekend's results were the worst possible scenario. 7 back of Cleveland and 2 back of Baltimore now. Anything less than 5-2 this week, and we're probably dead.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Kinsler leads off with a bomb, but maaaan, the Tigers blew their opportunity this weekend. This weekend's results were the worst possible scenario. 7 back of Cleveland and 2 back of Baltimore now. Anything less than 5-2 this week, and we're probably dead.
                    Last two games against Baltimore aside, they've played pretty well, but have gotten zero help to make up ground.

The good news is that 7 of the next 10 are against Minnesota, so there's definitely opportunity to go on a run, even if they have to mix Pelfrey back into the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      Last two games against Baltimore aside, they've played pretty well, but have gotten zero help to make up ground.

The good news is that 7 of the next 10 are against Minnesota, so there's definitely opportunity to go on a run, even if they have to mix Pelfrey back into the rotation.
                      That's nice that we're up against Minnesota, but going 8-2 in that span is probably only going to make up no more than 2 games in the standings to Cleveland. As for the WC, we're 2 back in the loss column, and we've got company, as the Yankees have shown up. It's getting late, and quickly. There's only 20 games left.
                      Last edited by Hammer; 09-12-2016, 07:01 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Down 2-1 and Upton left the game. They might be dead by the end of this series.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Tigers score two runs by a total of about two inches. And Iglesias might have been safe by three inches.

Comment

goal_light

MIGGY!!

4-2, bottom of the 8th

Comment

gianttiger

4-2 win, and they gain a game on Baltimore, the Yankees, and potentially Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                That's nice that we're up against Minnesota, but going 8-2 in that span is probably only going to make up no more than 2 games in the standings to Cleveland. As for the WC, we're 2 back in the loss column, and we've got company, as the Yankees have shown up. It's getting late, and quickly. There's only 20 games left.
                                I don't think they can catch Cleveland at this point. It would take an incredible run, and I don't think the Tigers have the depth to do that at this point. The wild card still seems very doable though. A four-way race with Toronto Baltimore, Detroit, and New York for two spots. There's a lot games between the other three and they've got tougher schedules.

Comment

Working...
                                X