X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Stopped watching in the 8th, so I guess it worked out for me.
    I turned it off around the 4th. Saw it was 4-3 in the ninth and turned in just in time for Salty's homer. Should've stopped after that because I had already seen the ending three hours before.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I was on the golf course. Far better idea than watching that.

Trading deadline a week from tomorrow. In this case, the Tigers don't have enough trade bait to buy enough pieces to fix their holes. But we don't have a bunch of impending free agents like we did last year, either. I suspect that any moves will be minimal. Maybe K-Rod goes. I'd like to deal Kinsler, as his value will never be higher, but 1) it's well-established that Mr. I doesn't like to sell, and 2) We have nothing in the organization behind him at 2B.

Oh, and Mr. Ilitch turned 87 last week.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I was on the golf course. Far better idea than watching that.

Trading deadline a week from tomorrow. In this case, the Tigers don't have enough trade bait to buy enough pieces to fix their holes. But we don't have a bunch of impending free agents like we did last year, either. I suspect that any moves will be minimal. Maybe K-Rod goes. I'd like to deal Kinsler, as his value will never be higher, but 1) it's well-established that Mr. I doesn't like to sell, and 2) We have nothing in the organization behind him at 2B.

Oh, and Mr. Ilitch turned 87 last week.
        Happy Birthday Mr. I.
        I think we ought to be sellers. Fulmer is yanking his pitches again and they will need to shut him down anyway. Martinez is taking a long time to come back, blah, do blah blah..... We need more pitching. Good to see Collins play well yesterday. Tough loss though.I like Kinsler but there are a lot of second basemen who could play there.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tonights game typical BS from our guys. You play like this you lose, pure and simple. it's two of the last three games the shortstop has been real blase about the game and cost us outs or games. I really don't like it at all.

Comment

Where did Iggy get that power from?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Pelfrey pitching tonight in Fenway. This could be a disaster.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Tonights game typical BS from our guys. You play like this you lose, pure and simple. it's two of the last three games the shortstop has been real blase about the game and cost us outs or games. I really don't like it at all.
                Iggy's antics are growing old for me very quickly. Turn a great play into a DP, then boot an easy one, and stare at his teammates. The issue between him and McCann last season did not just come up overnight, I suspect.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Iggy's antics are growing old for me very quickly. Turn a great play into a DP, then boot an easy one, and stare at his teammates. The issue between him and McCann last season did not just come up overnight, I suspect.
                  The Red Sox broadcast mentioned that when Iggy was with the Red Sox, Pedroia would get on Iggy for the lazy plays.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    The Red Sox broadcast mentioned that when Iggy was with the Red Sox, Pedroia would get on Iggy for the lazy plays.
                    Kid's got some growing up to do.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Kid's got some growing up to do.
                      They've talked to him over and over and it's getting real old. There's better shortstops out there.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        They've talked to him over and over and it's getting real old. There's better shortstops out there.
                        Yep. But none in the organization. Dixon Machado isn't exactly knocking the cover off of the ball in Toledo.
                        Last edited by Hammer; 07-26-2016, 05:46 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

There's Mike Pelfrey for you. Throw Ortiz a ****ing cookie on 3-2 with 2 guys on.

God, that was fun...

Comment

4 more puts us back up 8-5 in the 5th. Let's see how long it takes this POS to give it back.
                            Last edited by Hammer; 07-26-2016, 08:00 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Aw, jeez. Not this again.

Kyle Ryan. If you cannot get lefties out, then you do not belong in the majors. Period.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I think we can count on a loss tonight. We could score 26 runs and it wouldn't be enough. We're lobbing balls into the outfield on force plays, Captain Middlefinger only overshot the cutoff man throwing the ball 15 feet over his head and about 10 feet up the 1st base line, and our pitchers are thrown 3-2 fastballs up towards the batter's nipples.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X