This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

I'll be darned. One finally went our way.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I'll be darned. One finally went our way.
      And there was much rejoicing.
      Yay...
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

We're gonna go from a team no-hitter to a blown save and 1-1 tie in about 2 batters here in a minute.

God, that was fun...

Comment

There it went. Tie game.

God, that was fun...

Comment

2-1 final in 10.

Rajai Davis does the honors tonight with a triple to right.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Tigers announce Ausmus will be back as manager in 2016. You've gotta be fist-****ing me.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                Tigers announce Ausmus will be back as manager in 2016. You've gotta be fist-****ing me.
                Good. I've been very impressed with the level of support he gets from the players. Don't underestimate how important that is. As for his situational pitching miscalls, some of the criticism hasn't been exactly fair (he gets blamed for having a hopelessly shitty bullpen too often) and hopefully he's learned from the mistakes that were his. I think we'll end up being glad that we kept him around.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I don't like it. Especially because he's now on the last year of his contract, and his clubhouse knows that he's a lame duck.

It's generally not a good idea to let your manager see the last year of his contract. You either break him off, or you extend him. IMO, he has not earned an extension.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't like it. Especially because he's now on the last year of his contract, and his clubhouse knows that he's a lame duck.

It's generally not a good idea to let your manager see the last year of his contract. You either break him off, or you extend him. IMO, he has not earned an extension.
                    So he'll be fired in August 2016 when they're 10 games out again?
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I dunno. I give up.

There's going to be a lot of jobs open this offseason. We're this close to being the Phillies of the AL, but we don't have the championship that they got out of the whole deal.

God, that was fun...

Comment

With the Tigers' loss tonight, combined with Houston's win today, the Tigers have been mathematically eliminated from postseason contention this season.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          So he'll be fired in August 2016 when they're 10 games out again?
                          The Royals and maybe the Twins aren't going anywhere and the Tigers keep moving backwards. They'll be 10 games out by June.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

They might be 10 out by Memorial Day. All of a sudden this roster needs a serious overhaul this winter. You've got to revamp the entire bullpen, pick up 2 starting pitchers on the FA/trade market (and somehow avoid coming home with another Alfredo Simon), and a left fielder. And you've got about $50-60 mil to get this done.

God, that was fun...

Comment

This is a preemptive post to cover all of 2016.

https://youtu.be/Q16KpquGsIc
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

They might be 10 out by Memorial Day. All of a sudden this roster needs a serious overhaul this winter. You've got to revamp the entire bullpen, pick up 2 starting pitchers on the FA/trade market (and somehow avoid coming home with another Alfredo Simon), and a left fielder. And you've got about $50-60 mil to get this done.
                                Yes but... They do have some good pieces. My concerns would be: can victor be good again, or is he done; can Cabrera go the whole year healthy; will some of the young guys continue to improve. Gose, Nick, Romine, VerHagen, and a few others made big steps this year, will that continue?. If so, we should do ok.
                                Jeff Smardzija is available and might be a good signing, and affordable.
                                Hammer is right, we don't have the funds to just go buy what we need.
                                You have to ask yourself why it is we had so many hits but so few runs. It just seemed like we hit into a ton of double plays which really cost us and we failed to get guys home.
                                I wonder if we will continue with Avila and McCann.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X