Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

gianttiger

5-3 final.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

BUCK FUTTER!!!! get shelled today, 7 runs in 2.1 IP. Big surprise there. The guy's a long reliever at best.

Oh, and it gets better. Guess who starts tomorrow night in Seattle? I couldn't make this up if I wanted.

God, that was fun...

Comment

5-1 Seattle in the bottom of the 4th. We've got exactly 18 outs before we get swept in Seattle.

This team looks lifeless, and it's only mid-June. This can't go on much longer before some heads start to roll. I've never been a fan of Lloyd McClendon as a hitting coach (although I do like Leon Durham's body of work in the minors), and I'm starting to wonder about Rich Dubee. I don't see ANY progression out of anybody on this staff. I see no improvement whatsoever. There is not a single pitcher you can point to and tell me that he's developing, coming along nicely, etc. Verlander is Verlander on most nights, Zimmerman has flopped around for the better part of a year, Norris has stagnated in his development, and Boyd is in Toledo. Sanchez and K-Rod are yesterday's burnt toast, and Alex Wilson is well over-used in only mid-June. If you think this bullpen is bad now, just wait until after the All Star break. They're going to get bombed all over Wayne County because they'll be out of gas.

God, that was fun...

Comment

K-Rod is gone!!!

Alex Presley to the DL.

Fat Rondon recalled along with OF Matt den Dekker.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            K-Rod is gone!!!
            It's about time for K-Rod to make another return to Milwaukee. Brewers just dumped Feliz and the bullpen is awful. They don't really need a closer, but they need about 5 set up guys.

Comment

K-Rod is gone!!!

Alex Presley to the DL.

Fat Rondon recalled along with OF Matt den Dekker.
              Talk about closing the barn door after the fact. Should have been done weeks ago, but the FO always moves slow.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Great piece of managing by Dartmouth Brad there.

John Hicks doubles in the 8th. Kinsler strikes out. Okay, fine. Avila is hitting .315 and we pinch hit Castellanos (.234) in his place, although Castellanos has been in a slump. He strikes out for out #2, and Miggy grounds out to end the thread. Now we've burned all of our catchers. Brilliant.

Fulmer gonna Fulmer, but we're down 1-0 headed to the bottom of the 8th.

God, that was fun...

Comment

If we lose the rest of this series and make it 9 in a row, is that finally the end of Ausmus, or are we stuck the rest of the season?
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    If we lose the rest of this series and make it 9 in a row, is that finally the end of Ausmus, or are we stuck the rest of the season?
                    A move would be justified, but at this point I'm not sure how much good it would do. This season is probably already lost. Who would you name as manager, McClendon or Vizquel?

God, that was fun...

Comment

A move would be justified, but at this point I'm not sure how much good it would do. This season is probably already lost. Who would you name as manager, McClendon or Vizquel?
                      My pipe dream is to bring Gibby down from the booth. More realistically I'd go with Lamont, Vizquel, and McClendon in that order.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

You could be the Orioles who have allowed 5 runs in 20 straight games.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I have heard of exactly 1 guy in tonight's Padres lineup. Let's see how this goes...

God, that was fun...

Comment

I swear to God, this ****ing pitching staff takes turns screwing things up.

Sanchez turns in a decent outing, and Stumpf manages to escape without damage. Now Shane Greene just gave up a 2-run bomb to some AA hitter that just hit his 2nd of the season. Now we trail 4-3 in the 8th to a team that belongs in the International League with the Mud Hens.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I have heard of exactly 1 guy in tonight's Padres lineup. Let's see how this goes...
                              Not great, Bob.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

6-3. This is disgusting.

If they lose tomorrow night it would not surprise me to see Brad Ausmus fired. This team is absolutely lifeless.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X