University of North Dakota-2015-2016-Seaason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota-2015-2016-Seaason

Taking an opponent too lightly when you've got a big lead more like it.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
      Yeah Johnson let in some really bad ones but the whole team let up big time after the 1st period. UND got lucky to even tie. That was really disappointing! Hopefully they learn from that and play better tomorrow but 2 points is just fine after that garbage.
      Did they deserve 2 points? Probably not but they escaped with them and hopefully this will be the wake up call for the remainder of the season. A little humility is good sometimes.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I think CC is probably not as bad as their results from the first half of the season.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Was UND trying to play like their program is on the same level as Omaha?

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Taking an opponent too lightly when you've got a big lead more like it.
            I do not think they did. Came out on fire and looked like they just lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              I think CC is probably not as bad as their results from the first half of the season.
              A lot better than earlier in the year.

Comment

A team can win games on talent alone in the first half of a season, as new players are integrated and systems learned. That's what UND did with a deep and talented defense and explosive top line. But by the time the calendar turns, all teams are clicking on all cylinders. Some may be V8's and some may be 4 cylinders, but no one is an easy beat any more. You win games in the 2nd half of seasons through hard work and doing the correct thing on the ice shift after shift. That is what Hak's teams were known for. We've yet to find out if Berry and this team can do the same.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by DB Searle View Post
                  Was UND trying to play like their program is on the same level as Omaha?
                  I'm sorry but that is hilarious. Please don't think that all Omaha fans are that delusional.

Plus, if you wanted to be on the same level as us, you would have lost.
                  If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                    I'm sorry but that is hilarious. Please don't think that all Omaha fans are that delusional.

Plus, if you wanted to be on the same level as us, you would have lost.
                    No, just one.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      A team can win games on talent alone in the first half of a season, as new players are integrated and systems learned. That's what UND did with a deep and talented defense and explosive top line. But by the time the calendar turns, all teams are clicking on all cylinders. Some may be V8's and some may be 4 cylinders, but no one is an easy beat any more. You win games in the 2nd half of seasons through hard work and doing the correct thing on the ice shift after shift. That is what Hak's teams were known for. We've yet to find out if Berry and this team can do the same.
                      Hopefully the boys come out and play 60 minutes like they did for 14 1/2 minutes last night. A Saturday game similar to that against Omaha would work well. BTW, Fejes is dam good.
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        Hopefully the boys come out and play 60 minutes like they did for 14 1/2 minutes last night. A Saturday game similar to that against Omaha would work well. BTW, Fejes is dam good.
                        I mentioned on SS that this team, along with UND teams of the past, have trouble playing a full game. Not everyone agreed with me...lol. Not sure what game they were watching. Someone said it best last night... UND got 2 points, Should have had 3 and deserved none. Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          I mentioned on SS that this team, along with UND teams of the past, have trouble playing a full game. Not everyone agreed with me...lol. Not sure what game they were watching. Someone said it best last night... UND got 2 points, Should have had 3 and deserved none. Perfect.
                          That is a pretty accurate statement. They didn't play a whole lot better tonight but took better shots and got some to go in. CC did not get many good looks and Cam did what he needed to for the win. Got a little tense with a 5 minute major late in the third but the only score was a Sioux shorty.
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            That is a pretty accurate statement. They didn't play a whole lot better tonight but took better shots and got some to go in. CC did not get many good looks and Cam did what he needed to for the win. Got a little tense with a 5 minute major late in the third but the only score was a Sioux shorty.
                            Let a bad goal in. I still say our goalie spot is suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                              What's up with Tomek? This seems to be more than just an injury or is it?
                              Last edited by icehawk; 01-24-2016, 02:40 PM.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                                Hey, we'll trade you guys. You can have any of our three....deal?? You know, since our programs are pretty much on the same level.
                                If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Working...
                                X