2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

1> BC - Talented...No doubt about it. Someday they're going to put it all together, right?
    2> Minnesota - Probably be ranked differently if I had money on it.
    3> Wisconsin - Talent level rising but not quite where it needs to be.
    4> Harvard - Should be an interesting ECAC battle which I'm guessing, when the dust clears, shows Harvard at the top.
    5> Clarkson - They have that elusive Eastern National Championship so there is that.
    6> BU - Somebody has to finish runner-up to BC, Most likely BU.
    7> North Dakota - Some rare success against Minnesota but some struggles against the rest of the league. Meh...
    8> Northeastern - Evidently, forgettable.
    9> Bemidji - If only they played Minnesota more often...
    10> Quinnipiac - We will see if that good defense can repeat or if it is just a mirage.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 09-08-2015, 01:43 PM. Reason: No. 8 is really just a cupcake for either BC or UM
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      1> BC - Talented...No doubt about it. Someday they're going to put it all together, right?
      2> Minnesota - Probably be ranked differently if I had money on it.
      3> Wisconsin - Talent level rising but not quite where it needs to be.
      4> Harvard - Should be an interesting ECAC battle which I'm guessing, when the dust clears, shows Harvard at the top.
      5> Clarkson - They have that elusive Eastern National Championship so there is that.
      6> BU - Somebody has to finish runner-up to BC, Most likely BU.
      7> North Dakota - Some rare success against Minnesota but some struggles against the rest of the league. Meh...
      10> Quinnipiac - We will see if that good defense can repeat or if it is just a mirage.
      No #8 for you?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
        No #8 for you?
        My guesses are either that the black hole where a UND nickname should be swallowed up the #8 team, or #8 is a placeholder for the eventual CHA champ. (the more likely choice of "forgot" is rather boring.)
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

1. Rodents
          2. Mary Kay Bakers
          3. Duggan's Knights
          4. Monsters of Monona
          5. June Cleavers
          6. Stoners
          7. Noreasters
          8. Custer's Clobberers
          9. The Pup can't skate a lick
          10. Cuepups

I have the Monsters of Monona a little high, but I lack the info to find a reason to bump them lower than 4. The June Cleavers have only graduated 16% of the points and they can play D, they will be a force.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            6. Stoners
            I really don't think UVM has a shot his year tbh

I seriously don't know who most of your references are pointing to but I'm going to enjoy myself trying to guess lol
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

1. Minnesota
              2. BC
              3. Wisconsin
              4. Harvard

5. Bemidji St.
              6. North Dakota
              7. Clarkson
              8. BU
              9. Quinnipiac
              10. Mercyhurst

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Teams That Are Usually At Least Decent But Who Will Be Horrible This Year: UMD, Cornell, Vermont.
                I'm personally not quite as pessimistic about Cornell as you and vicb.

The bad news for Cornell for 2015-16 is there is no question that the loss of Jenner, Saulnier, and Fulton is massive. I do not think there is a forward currently on Cornell's roster that has the individual talent that those three possessed, but based on what I've seen, neither do most teams, with a few obvious exceptions.

The good news for Cornell is the freshman forwards appear to be solid with one incoming forward having played on the Canadian U-18 national team and two having attended the USA Hockey Festival for selecting the USA U-18. While Cornell will not have a #1 line of the same caliber as last season, they should have better depth and balance throughout its offensive lineup.

I fully expect Cornell to be much improved on defense and in net compared to last year. Sydney Saracco missed all of last season due to injury, and my understanding is she was the player expected to make the biggest impact from Cornell's freshman class last year had she been healthy. Also add incoming freshman Micah Hart (captain of the Canadian U-18 team last year) and Marlene Boissonnault (starting goaltender from Can U-18 team last year) into the mix, and Cornell looks pretty solid on defense and in net.

While I’m not anticipating Cornell to win any championships this year, I still expect them to be better than average.
                Last edited by mattj711; 09-08-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  My guesses are either that the black hole where a UND nickname should be swallowed up the #8 team, or #8 is a placeholder for the eventual CHA champ. (the more likely choice of "forgot" is rather boring.)
                  I do like the "black hole" and "placeholder" theories...But boring it is.

(Maybe it should have been for the pre-season #1 Minnesota High School girls team)
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 09-08-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    I really don't think UVM has a shot his year tbh
                    Nor do I think it is Saint Cloud (Granite City) nor New Hampshire (Granite State) so it must be a drug reference
                    #5 June Cleaver had a son – the Beaver
                    Obviously: #8 = Fighting Suzies & #7 Northeastern
                    I’m guessing #10 is Quinnipiac
                    #9 could be a reference to a dog, UMD? Yale? Boston University!
                    Last edited by pokechecker; 09-08-2015, 01:59 PM. Reason: I am guessing my prize is leftover cheese from Labor Day weekend

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      Nor do I think it is Saint Cloud (Granite City) nor New Hampshire (Granite State) so it must be a drug reference
                      Funny that one would think UVM = Stoners. Was at NAHA tournament this weekend and was thinking the same as I drove around campus (and walked Church street).

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                        Stoner is the easiest of all, you druggies!

The dog one is BU, Buckey skated circles around Rover or whatever it's name is at the ncaa 1/4ers game last spring.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Stoner is the easiest of all, you druggies!

The dog one is BU, Buckey skated circles around Rover or whatever it's name is at the ncaa 1/4ers game last spring.
                          Terriers were developed to hunt Badgers and other smaller burrowing critters, like Gophers.

I guess they aren't very effective at that task on ice.

the other two are druggies, I was thinking rock, yeah, it should have been obvious

Comment

1. Rodents
                            2. Mary Kay Bakers
                            3. Duggan's Knights
                            4. Monsters of Monona Lake Monona in Madison
                            5. June Cleavers June's son or private part
                            6. Stoners
                            7. Noreasters
                            8. Custer's Clobberers
                            9. The Pup can't skate a lick
                            10. Cuepups Q-pups

I have the Monsters of Monona a little high, but I lack the info to find a reason to bump them lower than 4. The June Cleavers have only graduated 16% of the points and they can play D, they will be a force.
                            This seems like fun and I definitely have too much time on my hands so here goes...

Interpretation of Timothy A's top ten

1. Minnesota...
                            2. BC...
                            3. Clarkson...
                            4. Wisconsin (lake Monona in Madison)
                            5. Bemidji (Leave it To Beaver)
                            6. Harvard (Coach Stone)
                            7. Northeastern...
                            8. North Dakota...
                            9. BU (Hardest one but thankfully he explained)
                            10. Quinnipiac (Q-pups)
                            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 09-08-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

This should be fun indeed! Everybody join in solving these funny riddles!

1. Rodents -- Bemidji? (Beavers) or Minny? (Goldie)
                              2. Mary Kay Bakers - not The Cupcake Crunchers, but UNH! (an odd choice, perhaps, but we New Englanders know that Mary Kay cosmetics is headquartered in Atkinson NH!)
                              3. Duggan's Knights -- Wisco (didn't Meghan & Hilary both play there?))
                              4. Monsters of Monona -- Wisco again (Monona is entirely surrounded by Madison) (Wisco divides its team in half and each half gets a tourney bid)
                              5. June Cleavers -- Bemidji (Wally & Beaver's Ma)
                              6. Stoners -- Harvard (Katey gets busted for giving illegal substances to undergraduates a la Timothy (Leary, 1964))
                              7. Noreasters -- The Hounds of Huntington Avenue (aka The Avenue of the Arts, I kid you not)
                              8. Custer's Clobberers -- The North Dakota Nameless
                              9. The Pup can't skate a lick -- BU? Northeastern divides its team? (Terriers/Huskies)
                              10. Cuepups - BU? Northeastern divides its team?
                              Last edited by Watson Rink; 09-08-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

1. Minnesota
                                2. Wisconsin
                                3. BC
                                4. Clarkson
                                5. Harvard
                                6. Northeastern
                                7. North Dakota
                                8. BU
                                9. Bemidji
                                10. RIT (really no clue who to put here so I'll just pick my own team)

Comment

Working...
                                X