Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

I do this only because it is fun:

1-Minnesota, defending national champions are traditionally ranked #1 until they do something to persuade us that they aren't really as good this year as they were last.
    2-Harvard, defending national championship runners-up are often ranked #2 until they do something to persuade us that they aren't really as good this year as they were last.
    3-Boston College, very good last year, made the final four, some significant losses, some significant returnees, opening weekend sweep over a team from the group of teams that western bias posters say we should all fear.
    4-Wisconsin, very good last year, made the final four, opening weekend sweep over a team from what western bias posters (and TTT20) say is a very weak conference.

Really, that's about all I've got. For the rest I really have very little idea.

5-Clarkson, why not?
    6-North Dakota, might be good, but #6 in the country?
    7-What else do you have out east, because the west is looking a little thin to me after NoDak, maybe Boston University?
    8-Quinnipiac maybe?
    9-Someone from the CHA, Mercyhurst?
    10-I know how to spell Bemidji.

UMD? No. Really not, no.
    Ohio State? Maybe. For the purposes of what I am attempting here Lindenwood doesn't really count. Show me something.

Again, what else do you have out east because the west is looking a little thin to me after NoDak. I am hoping that Ohio shows up and I completely do not discount the possibility that Duluth is at least good enough to stay close to Boston College based on ability rather than merely it having been opening weekend when anything can happen, so maybe they are good. But maybe they are not.

What else you got out there in the east? Anyone? Bueller? Anything at all?
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post

2-Harvard, defending national championship runners-up are often ranked #2 until they do something to persuade us that they aren't really as good this year as they were last.
      I guess you'll have to keep them #2 until at least Oct 23, then, because that's their first game.

Looking at the poll, I'd say it is pretty accurate, or at least as accurate as you could hope this early, seems the east/west thing cancels out. Princeton/Yale? Cornell/Dartmouth?
      I may as well flip a coin about the teams out east except for the usual suspects.
      Last edited by pokechecker; 10-06-2015, 10:33 PM. Reason: Ranking, nothing gets the dander up around here like ranking

Comment

I know I've been beating this drum but I am telling y'all, NU is the second best team in Hockey East
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          I know I've been beating this drum but I am telling y'all, NU is the second best team in Hockey East
          We'll have to see how NU's goaltending plays out, and the offense has to be more than just Coyne. The thing with BU is it is always playing its best hockey when the postseason arrives, to as great an extent as any team I can remember.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I know I've been beating this drum but I am telling y'all, NU is the second best team in Hockey Easy
            is this another "Penn State is a top ten team" prediction?

Comment

Which would put them, what, sixth in the WCHA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                Which would put them, what, sixth in the WCHA?
                Obviously tops in the WCHA I think we can all admit that.

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT WAS A JOKE, THE AUTHOR OF THIS JOKE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR HURT FEELINGS AS A RESULT OF READING, ALL USCHO POSTERS ARE READING THIS COMMENT AT THEIR OWN RISK***

Comment

Obviously tops in the WCHA I think we can all admit that.

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT WAS A JOKE, THE AUTHOR OF THIS JOKE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR HURT FEELINGS AS A RESULT OF READING, ALL USCHO POSTERS ARE READING THIS COMMENT AT THEIR OWN RISK***
                  Someone's medication wore off.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    is this another "Penn State is a top ten team" prediction?
                    Sup

Comment

Sup
                      I'd be interested to read a report from the BU/PSU game. BU handily won the shot count, and there was nothing in Penn State's performance last week that indicated that they could score five goals on 26 shots. Bad goaltending? Bad turnovers?

BC better watch out, or all of the cupcakes will have been eaten before they get there.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
                        Minnesota clearly will not get scored on this year IMO based entirely upon their series this past weekend.
                        Hmmmm......7-0 over St Cloud....

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                          I'd be interested to read a report from the BU/PSU game. BU handily won the shot count, and there was nothing in Penn State's performance last week that indicated that they could score five goals on 26 shots. Bad goaltending? Bad turnovers?

BC better watch out, or all of the cupcakes will have been eaten before they get there.
                          Test

Comment

• Originally posted by 5550 View Post
                            Test
                            First time posting. Long time reader.
                            BU definitely has issues in net. They were present last year as well. Down the stretch they got better. Pedigree would suggest it will happen again but who knows.
                            Looks to me like with the loss of Poulin there's a void many are trying to fill. Not as much team play as I'm sure the coach would like. Lots of shots no quality.
                            Defensively a work in progress. Lost a lot to graduation on the back end as well.
                            Durocher isn't a screamer. I'm sure he knew there would be a bit of a hangover this year. He will give them a bit of rope before he tightens things up. Hopefully it happens before they start ranking out of at large territory because I don't think they'll win HE tourney.

Comment

Regarding Penn State: I have watched approximately half of that team play since they were U12s, and there is a lot of quality there. I am not surprised to see them compete well against BU.

I think PSU's result last week against the Gophers says more about the Minny defense (and backchecking forwards) than anything else. Hard to see how anybody is going to score even-strength goals against that team.

Comment

Let's not forget, PSU held UM to one goal in 59 minutes last week in one of the games too

Comment

Working...
                                X