2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

You could still make the case UW is at #2 with ARD...even after the weekend. But I think the SOS is the difference maker - UW at #10 and UM at #3. Oh...and Kessel is back. And by back, I mean back.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

LAST CALL! Poll drops tonight.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        You could still make the case UW is at #2 with ARD...even after the weekend. But I think the SOS is the difference maker - UW at #10 and UM at #3. Oh...and Kessel is back. And by back, I mean back.
        Even I could not make the case in my own head to put UW #2. Had they won Saturday, yes I probably would have because UW would have won the season series, but losing 2 and the series being even with UM's 4-0 game the difference. Had UW swept they were going to be #1 in my poll.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm the only one who kept the top 10 from being unanimous. YOU ARE ALL SHEEPLE!

Interestingly, this is the first time all year that the top 3 has been in this order.

Week XIX Posters Poll

Code:
          Rank Votes  Team (1st place votes)  Range (Mode)  Last week (change)
            1.    80  Boston College (8)      1-1   (1)     1
            2.    71  Minnesota               2-3   (2)     3 (+1)
            3.    65  Wisconsin               2-3   (3)     2 (-1)  
            4.    56  Quinnipiac              4-4   (4)     4  
            5.    46  Clarkson                5-6   (5)     5 
            6.    38  Bemidji State           5-7   (6)     6 
            7.    34  Northeastern            5-9   (7)     7  
            8.    24  Princeton               7-9   (8)     8  
            9.    13  Colgate                 8-NR  (9)     9 (+1)
           10.    12  North Dakota            8-10  (10)    10 (-1)

Also Receiving Votes:
                   1  Harvard                 10-NR (10)    ARV 

Dropped Out:
                      None
          Week XIX chart: http://i.imgur.com/VisyKpF.jpg
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I'm the only one who kept the top 10 from being unanimous. YOU ARE ALL SHEEPLE!

Week XIX chart: http://i.imgur.com/VisyKpF.jpg
            The facts are the facts, sir.

Comment

Besides needing to consult a preschooler for putting Wisconsin 2nd, here is the logic (or lack thereof) behind it. Wisconsin obviously would want to beat their biggest rival anytime they can but Minnesota seemed to have more motivation for this series. Wisconsin had already won the league title and had swept the Gophers early in the year. Minnesota hasn't been swept by anyone in ages plus this was the final weekend for some pretty accomplished seniors playing their last WCHA regular season games. The Friday game definitely was an emotional high for the Gophers and it seemed to continue early on in Saturday's game. However, as the game went along Wisconsin recovered and honestly by the third period I thought they were the better team. They were really pressing going for the win and in the overtime that pressing lead to an error by I think Burke, where she was the only one back and it resulted in the 2-0 break for Pannek and Cameranesi.

I think if you examine these two teams, obviously they are very close, but to me the difference is Minnesota has an small edge with their forwards and Wisconsin has a small edge on defense and in goal. Just enough there to tip the scale slightly in Wisconsin's favor.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                They were really pressing going for the win and in the overtime that pressing lead to an error by I think Burke, where she was the only one back and it resulted in the 2-0 break for Pannek and Cameranesi.
                Ryan was the last D back. While she missed the puck as it was going by, Pankowski is the one who got stripped of the puck, and while we're throwing Badgers under the bus, it's also fair to ask where Channell was on the play.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Ryan was the last D back. While she missed the puck as it was going by, Pankowski is the one who got stripped of the puck, and while we're throwing Badgers under the bus, it's also fair to ask where Channell was on the play.
                  Grinding at center ice by Pannek and Piazza created the turnover. Great pass up by Piazza to the streaking Pannek with Cameranesi along with her. Ryan missed the puck, I think because Pannek knocked her stick out of the way. Pannek executed a great shot with the game on the line.

Fantastic sequence by Minnesota.

Instead of blame for errors to the Badgers, I'm giving credit to the Gophers

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Even I could not make the case in my own head to put UW #2.
                    How about "Wisconsin has a better overall won-lose record."?

All other things being equal, Wisconsin still has a better overall won-loss record.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

All other things being equal, Wisconsin still has a better overall won-loss record.
                      Yep. That extra win against Lindenwood is a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I think the records are even enough that I can look past that and give it the old eye test. I recall in Madison the games were pretty even with ebb and flow with both teams controlling at times, though maybe UW had the better of it more than UM did, I'd have to go back and read the posts. This last weekend UM was dominant for a greater amount of time then UW was, and it was more recent than the Madison series, so I have to go with the rodents ahead of the Badgers.

I think we all agree with FiveHoleFrenzy in that UM is better @ F and UW is better @ D. I hope these team get to play 2 more times this year. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Comment

I think we all agree with FiveHoleFrenzy in that UM is better @ F and UW is better @ D.
                          I think that Wisconsin plays excellent team defense in terms of everyone on the ice. But there's no way I'd trade Minnesota's top four D -- Stecklein, McMillen, Wolfe, and Baldwin -- for any four D that the Badgers can put on the ice.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I think the records are even enough that I can look past that and give it the old eye test. I recall in Madison the games were pretty even with ebb and flow with both teams controlling at times, though maybe UW had the better of it more than UM did, I'd have to go back and read the posts. This last weekend UM was dominant for a greater amount of time then UW was, and it was more recent than the Madison series, so I have to go with the rodents ahead of the Badgers.

I think we all agree with FiveHoleFrenzy in that UM is better @ F and UW is better @ D. I hope these team get to play 2 more times this year. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.
                            That's like asking for trouble.

Minnesota's top four are good although a little penalty prone (McMillen) and turnover prone (Wolfe and Baldwin) for me. Who can play in pressure situations after those four really drops off for Minnesota.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Besides needing to consult a preschooler for putting Wisconsin 2nd, here is the logic (or lack thereof) behind it. Wisconsin obviously would want to beat their biggest rival anytime they can but Minnesota seemed to have more motivation for this series. Wisconsin had already won the league title and had swept the Gophers early in the year. Minnesota hasn't been swept by anyone in ages plus this was the final weekend for some pretty accomplished seniors playing their last WCHA regular season games. The Friday game definitely was an emotional high for the Gophers and it seemed to continue early on in Saturday's game. However, as the game went along Wisconsin recovered and honestly by the third period I thought they were the better team. They were really pressing going for the win and in the overtime that pressing lead to an error by I think Burke, where she was the only one back and it resulted in the 2-0 break for Pannek and Cameranesi.

I think if you examine these two teams, obviously they are very close, but to me the difference is Minnesota has an small edge with their forwards and Wisconsin has a small edge on defense and in goal. Just enough there to tip the scale slightly in Wisconsin's favor.
                              The beauty of it is that the WCHA tournament will pretty much end the debate of which team should be ranked #2/#3 going into the NCAAs. The only hiccup would be if neither Wisconsin or Minnesota make the tourney final (improbable but certainly not impossible).

If Wisconsin had only a 3-point lead in the league standings going into Saturday, I feel that they would have played OT a lot more conservative. As it stood, going all out to win a game at Ridder (especially for the seniors) had to more appealing than playing for a tie when the regular season title was already wrapped up.

Comment

That's like asking for trouble.

Minnesota's top four are good although a little penalty prone (McMillen) and turnover prone (Wolfe and Baldwin) for me. Who can play in pressure situations after those four really drops off for Minnesota.
                                The person sitting next to me at Saturday's game said, "Lee Stecklein's work is never done."
                                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Working...
                                X