Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Darmouth is one of the few teams that owns a winning record (3-2) over Wisconsin, though the last win was back in that 2005 NCAA tournament. They played a home-and-home series back in the first two seasons and the Badgers got the short end of the stick both times (took a 13-2 beating in Year 1).
    I agree; almost 20 years ago, Dartmouth was the better team. By 2005, IMO the Badgers had surpassed the Big Green but didn't seem to realize it when they played in March. As long as time travel isn't involved this weekend, UW will be fine.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
      Even though women's hockey is seemingly the only team playing on campus this weekend, I don't expect a band. With that said, it's time to start lobbying for the band to be there for both games against Minnesota. It needs to be as hostile as an environment as possible.
      Originally posted by ARM View Post
      As long as time travel isn't involved this weekend, UW will be fine.
      Provided, of course, that Dartmouth doesn't bring its band and make the environment too hostile for the UW players.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Minn-Duluth would beat BU and Dartmouth if they were squaring off this weekend. MD deserved to be in top 10 this week.
        They've got a tough one against Harvard, but I think these will be close matches.

Wisco v Dartmouth? Not close. (although every team would want Dartmouth's top players)

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
          Minn-Duluth would beat BU and Dartmouth if they were squaring off this weekend. MD deserved to be in top 10 this week.
          Would they though? Before squeaking out one over NoDak last weekend their only wins on the year had been over Lindenwood and Mankato. I'm not saying they wouldn't beat BU or Dartmouth but those are probably even matchups, not slam dunks.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I'm not saying they wouldn't beat BU or Dartmouth but those are probably even matchups, not slam dunks.
            Agree with you here, but I also think it would depend on which BU team showed up. You just never know.

Comment

UMD is the hardest team to rank, because they've played teams either near the top or near the bottom, and have had relatively close games with all of them. My sense is that the Bulldogs have improved, and shouldn't be judged by their October. I guess I'll find out today.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Would they though? Before squeaking out one over NoDak last weekend their only wins on the year had been over Lindenwood and Mankato. I'm not saying they wouldn't beat BU or Dartmouth but those are probably even matchups, not slam dunks.
                MD has played and lost to #1, #2, #3 and #6ish (Bemidj). They did well but they are what they are... not better than the top 6 or 7. But MD showed me a lot in those games. Plus, they split with #8ish NoDak. It think that's a pretty clear resume.

Dartmouth. I love the top of their roster, but they don't have the depth that the top teams have. Yes, they beat Harvard on opening night (I don't think that would happen at this point in the season). They tied Clarkson (who's early wins now seem less impressive) and Yale. They have looked good against RPI, Brown and Union. They outright lost to Maine. If you like Dartmouth, then you like Yale. Similar teams in many ways, and we saw what happened to Yale out west, right?

Boston University. If I ignore the two losses to Clarkson, the loss to Penn State, and the blowout by Northeastern, then maybe I can have confidence in this team. Maybe they've turned it around and their game vs BC might have mad you feel better about them. But I've got to ignore a lot to get them at the same level as MD.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
                  Dartmouth. ... They outright lost to Maine.
                  DC did lose to Maine, but that was playing an inexperienced goaltender, so I wouldn't weight that result too heavily.

Comment

Have to agree with D2D and TTT, just don't see UMD as a clear or obvious favorite vs. BU or Dartmouth.

Maybe their results vs. Harvard will motivate me to rethink that. Good series for attempting to measure both combatants.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Good series for attempting to measure both combatants.
                      Definitely. I do wish (like whoever said the other day in another thread) that it was UW vs. Harvard and Dartmouth vs. UMD rather than the other way around. But it's east vs. west nonetheless!
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        UMD is not all that impressive.
                        MD beats Harvard 4-2 in game 1 and it was no fluke. They deserved that win.

Like I said, UMD should have been in everyone's top 10 this week.

Comment

I think it's safe to start the week...

1 Wisconsin - train keeps a rollin', Minnesota in the tracks up ahead!
                          2 Minnesota - big game vs Wisco 12/4 and 12/5
                          3 Boston College - Beast in the East, beat Northeastern handily (yawn)
                          4 Quinnipiac - keep winning by limiting shots on net, but they need goals from more players
                          5 Harvard - same promising but sluggish start as last year (which might be good 'cause it ended in Nat'l finals)
                          6 Bemidji - tight defense and good goal distribution makes this team tough to beat
                          7 Northeastern - they beat who they are supposed to beat (the inverse is also unfortunately true)
                          8 UMD - split with a very good Harvard squad
                          9 UND - underwhelmed by a 5-2 loss to the Orange, but can repent with a good weekend against BSU
                          10 Clarkson - I don't think any other team deserves to take this spot away right now

St Lawrence - they could go 5-0 before facing Harvard in mid-Jan (season defining game for them)

Comment

1) Wisconsin
                            2) Minnesota
                            3) Boston College
                            4) Bemidji State
                            5) Quinnipiac
                            6) Harvard
                            7) Clarkson
                            8) Northeastern
                            9) Minnesota Duluth
                            10) North Dakota

Comment

1. Wisconsin
                              2. Minnesota
                              3. Boston College
                              4. Quinnipiac
                              5. Bemidji State
                              6. Clarkson
                              7. Harvard
                              8. Northeastern
                              9. Minnesota-Duluth
                              10. North Dakota

Comment

1) Wisconsin
                                2) Minnesota
                                3) Boston College
                                4) Quinnipiac
                                5) Bemidji State
                                6) Harvard
                                7) Northeastern
                                8) Clarkson
                                9) Minnesota Duluth
                                10) North Dakota
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X