Re: BC Women's Hockey, 2015-2016: Embrace The Cupcake Diet

Really sloppy 1st, first goal was especially soft one that fluttered on in
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Yo. Memo to Kinger: DON'T TOUCH that Skarupa/Anastos/GRIEVESSSSSSS!! line. Holy smokes

Comment

That game wasn't that great. Power play was night and day better tho, and that second line was basically our first line.

Really, really sloppy. I'm hoping that UMD having two real games last week to our zero had something to do with that.

Comment

Here's the recap from Saturday

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...ep-over-duluth

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            That game wasn't that great. Power play was night and day better tho, and that second line was basically our first line.

Really, really sloppy. I'm hoping that UMD having two real games last week to our zero had something to do with that.

Grant, Grant, Grant, c'mon man. first 2 games last year had only 4 goals total. they've already surpassed last year by 100%. with second line production off the charts.

please don't tell me you lost brain cells with all of that weight. have some faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
              Grant, Grant, Grant, c'mon man. first 2 games last year had only 4 goals total. they've already surpassed last year by 100%. with second line production off the charts.

please don't tell me you lost brain cells with all of that weight. have some faith.
              While I'd love to support the TTT is minus brain cells line of thinking, BC scored 10 goals to open the season versus Syracuse last year, so we'll need better support than you've offered thus far.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                While I'd love to support the TTT is minus brain cells line of thinking, BC scored 10 goals to open the season versus Syracuse last year, so we'll need better support than you've offered thus far.
                you really count that one? wow

Comment

you really count that one? wow
                  Heh

To be fair, Teddy does have a point, the Cuse game notwithstanding.

Comment

To be fair, Teddy does have a point, the Cuse game notwithstanding.
                    If the point is you should have faith, yes, he does.

Beyond that, BC averaged 6.26 goals a game at home last year, and 3.8 goals a game everywhere else. I realize that by the time the NCAA Tournament gets here, you're going to be revved up to the point where you think it is impossible for BC to lose, so if you want to ignore the facts that don't fit your perception, I guess that's your business.

Comment

If the point is you should have faith, yes, he does
                      I was referring to his point that that in BC's first pair of games against a decent team we weren't throwing down touchdowns in those games either so I should probably settle down about the "lack of scoring."
                      so if you want to ignore the facts that don't fit your perception, I guess that's your business.
                      I literally don't know what this means

Comment

I literally don't know what this means
                        At this stage, we don't know that UMD is any more decent than Syracuse ultimately was last year. It seems very creative to conclude that BC's opening weekend was better than last season (because we throw out the Syracuse destruction for some odd reason.) Just say you had a great opening weekend both years and leave it at that. Any opening weekend that produces only Ws is very good, because all teams are such a work that is barely even in progress.

My point was that if you try to compare a home series to a road series for a team with such a big delta, your conclusion is bound to be skewed.

Comment

At this stage, we don't know that UMD is any more decent than Syracuse ultimately was last year. It seems very creative to conclude that BC's opening weekend was better than last season (because we throw out the Syracuse destruction for some odd reason.) Just say you had a great opening weekend both years and leave it at that. Any opening weekend that produces only Ws is very good, because all teams are such a work that is barely even in progress.

My point was that if you try to compare a home series to a road series for a team with such a big delta, your conclusion is bound to be skewed.

I can say with all confidence that UMD is better than Syracuse. I believe UMD outshot BC. I don't ever remember seeing that

Comment

I can say with all confidence that UMD is better than Syracuse. I believe UMD outshot BC. I don't ever remember seeing that
                            Point taken, even if it was just by one in one of the games.

I'm trying to think of a team that would do well in terms of shot differential versus BC. Wisconsin is the only one that comes to mind. Quinnipiac is great at eliminating shots by lesser teams, but it doesn't hold true against the elite teams.

Comment

Point taken, even if it was just by one in one of the games.

I'm trying to think of a team that would do well in terms of shot differential versus BC. Wisconsin is the only one that comes to mind. Quinnipiac is great at eliminating shots by lesser teams, but it doesn't hold true against the elite teams.
                              Clarkson could also stay close on shots - they also have a solid team with offensive upside.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                                Clarkson could also stay close on shots - they also have a solid team with offensive upside.
                                I considered the Golden Knights, but they didn't come particularly close to BC in the tourney last year or in either game at Wisconsin. Against good teams last year, they seemed much more conservative than their NCAA Championship team.

Comment

Working...
                                X