Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Women's Hockey, 2015-2016: Embrace The Cupcake Diet

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    In 2008, after the semifinals one coach claimed to have spotted a flaw in the upcoming opponent for the finals. After her team went on to win, she was asked if her team had been able to exploit that weakness, and if so, what was it. The answers were, "Yes," and something to the effect of she wouldn't say because they wanted to be able to take advantage of it again in the future. If her own testimonial wasn't enough evidence of her coaching superiority, then surely donning a shiny jacket to loosen up her team in the 2010 final was.

Frost has on more than one occasion admitted that he got out coached in the 2008 quarterfinal loss to UW. He started overtime with his first, then second, and then third lines. The Badgers rolled the first, the second, and the first, scoring on the third shift of OT. Or maybe he should have worn a sparkly jacket.
    LOL, that pretty much sums up the difference between the two coaches

you gotta admire Miller's talent for setting it up so that if the team wins, it was her perceptive eyes that saw the weakness, and her superior intellect that developed the strategy to take advantage of it
    if they lost, the team just didn't execute her brilliant game plan

funny how those types have a long list of people who used to work for them
    they take the credit, others take the blame

Comment

Hey Grant and Fellow Eaglers, Question from out of the blue, but I'm curious as how other schools do things.....given that we're all "boosters" by NCAA definition, do you go to the senior's-end of the year banquet for the team?

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
        Hey Grant and Fellow Eaglers, Question from out of the blue, but I'm curious as how other schools do things.....given that we're all "boosters" by NCAA definition, do you go to the senior's-end of the year banquet for the team?
        Joe and I don't personally, and neither does wwhyte... I'm not sure what BC does for access to its banquet but I wouldn't feel like I belong there anyway; I'm just a fan.

Joe does go to the men's banquet but it's also a member of Pikes Peak (on the board, actually). So I guess that comes back to how you originally worded your question of if there was actually a BCWH booster club, whether we would go or how we would go... and my answers are "probably not" and "I'm not sure how we do it."

Roundabout answer, sorry haha
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Interesting, so there is no actual BC Women's Hockey Friends group, or Club that the raises money for the team, puts together get-togethers? Doesn't the men's team have a club with different levels, which offer coaches talks or team meetings the higher the level of joining?

Comment

Interesting, so there is no actual BC Women's Hockey Friends group, or Club that the raises money for the team, puts together get-togethers? Doesn't the men's team have a club with different levels, which offer coaches talks or team meetings the higher the level of joining?
            Nope, no friends of BCWIH. We've talked about putting it together and might manage to make something happen this summer.

AFAIK the end-of-season banquet is team (and family?) only, no fans/boosters.

Comment

Doesn't the men's team have a club with different levels, which offer coaches talks or team meetings the higher the level of joining?
              I don't know about levels (Joe would) but yeah the men's team has the Pike Peak Hockey Club. I don't know too many details though as I'm not a member.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Thanks guys for the insight....you're aware of what went down up here, and while I respect the team and family having a chance to celebrate, many of us here who have been with the team and supported the team when the University didn't, would also have liked to have the chance to honor the players and teams accomplishment......according to the AD and Assoc. AD, we're family! Unfortunately it's a totally different situation on the men's side......🤔🤔

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Wow great story! I like how you went from one player babysitter to another haha.

Also didn't know they used to play with six skaters on the ice. When did that end?
                  I think around 1920. I know my dad played with six skaters at Boston Latin (1919) and with 5 skaters at Bates (1925)

Comment

Working...
                  X