X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Women's Hockey, 2015-2016: Embrace The Cupcake Diet

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
    I liked the reference to Liza as well.
    That game was just miserable. Sometime in the 2nd period it got to the point where we just started cheering for anything and everything and laughed every time Ryabkina scored again.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Good game for the Eagles, featuring new lines:

Kent-Carp-Skarupa aka SUPERLINE
      Trivigno-Anastos-Newkirk aka LINE YOU WOULD NOT HAVE THOUGHT OF
      Sullivan-Grieves-Cappizano aka TWO SHORT AND FEISTY AND ONE TALL AND FAST

The short and feisty line in particular really clicked tonight, Grieves seemed to make the other two just that bit sharper. But all lines made plays and seemed to have good chemistry, though the passing on the new second line was less crisp than I've seen those players be in other combinations. It's hard to judge based on a game against a team that didn't show up, but this seems like finally the right configuration of this version of the Eagles. Excited for tournament season now.
      Last edited by wwhyte; 02-03-2016, 03:07 AM. Reason: Sullivan didn't score two goals, not sure why I thought she did.

Comment

Grant posted this in another thread, but not this one:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...H-THE-HUMANITY

(Fantastic URL, btw)

One thing that struck me watching the game was how BC were willing to just get in front of the net and work to make the goals happen -- see the fourth one in particular. There were plenty of the trademark breakaways, and they were very effective against a team as slow as Harvard was last night, but there was none of what we saw from the Eagles in the games they lost last year, which was a tendency to sit back and try for the pretty goal rather than just get stuck in and battle. Hopefully that fourth goal teaches them they can get goals like that.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
          One thing that struck me watching the game was how BC were willing to just get in front of the net and work to make the goals happen ... there was none of what we saw from the Eagles in the games they lost last year, which was a tendency to sit back and try for the pretty goal rather than just get stuck in and battle. Hopefully that fourth goal teaches them they can get goals like that.
          It's funny you bring that up because I almost wrote the exact same thing in the article, and then just didn't because it was getting really long. Last year they were given a lot of space all year and then when the better teams clamped down on them they were almost lost. This year they've had to work a lot harder, and that's going to serve them well in the playoffs.

Comment

Eagles goalie in the making !!! (Already wearing the colors )

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...oses&id=572027

Comment

Brown is close to maroon... Well, at least the nicknames match.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Heck of a performance, shame to lose after something like that. 112 saves is too many for 6 periods though. FYI a couple years back Minnetonka and Lakeville girls went 6 OTs at the state tournament, a little over 113 minutes. The boys tourney record is like 116 minutes (7 OTs) about 15 years ago.

Edit: I should have mentioned, you got a keeper - in both senses of the word.
                Last edited by ne7minder; 02-05-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Can anyone who saw that UConn game explain what happened? 4 goals on 13 shots?

Comment

Can anyone who saw that UConn game explain what happened? 4 goals on 13 shots?
                    ...tried to be Martin Brodeur too many times

Comment

Shot counts were fine and 5 on Chuli is a good day. Was originally appalled at giving up 4 but we'll chalk it up to being "one of those nights" (especially as the Beanpot sandwich game), take the W and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Shot counts were fine and 5 on Chuli is a good day. Was originally appalled at giving up 4 but we'll chalk it up to being "one of those nights" (especially as the Beanpot sandwich game), take the W and move on.
                        Not to get Triple T off kilter, but after looking at BU, I am throwing out that if BU can get past NU in playoffs will be a fine opponent for BC. They have a half dozen players that love to shoot the puck. Lafort looks to be having an off season, but all that can change when it comes to the last games of a NCAA career. I think BU (if they work on goaltending and defensive end) can make a dent in BC's season. They have 2 lines that can score and some on the 3rd which are threatening.

Obviously, if they can get .930+ save % from their goalies it would go a long way to winning Hockey East. If they can convince their D and F's to block more shots and get out of their own zone quickly
                        . they have the potential to be a very good team.

Harvard will have their hands full tonight. My guess is 35+ shots for BU, Harvard will have to get 28 to score 3.

Comment

BU terrifies me 10x more than Northeastern does. For some reason they have our number. Rivalry games, who needs 'em!

Comment

You know what's awesome? FINALLY HAVING A TROPHY OF SOME KIND

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO GET EM ALL

Comment

That was a great win, and our D was stellar (except for those two bodychecking penalties Megan Keller took). But poor Brittany Bugalski had such a bad night that it was painful to watch. I worry that the Eagles have now gone thirty games without coming across a team that's really good defensively.

Same lines as last week, with the Trivigno-Anastos-Newkirk one really firing on all cylinders this time. The first fifteen minutes of the third period were played at an intensity higher than I've seen all season. The Eagles really wanted this one.

Comment

That was a great win, and our D was stellar (except for those two bodychecking penalties Megan Keller took). But poor Brittany Bugalski had such a bad night that it was painful to watch. I worry that the Eagles have now gone thirty games without coming across a team that's really good defensively.
                                Same lines as last week, with the Trivigno-Anastos-Newkirk one really firing on all cylinders this time. The first fifteen minutes of the third period were played at an intensity higher than I've seen all season. The Eagles really wanted this one.
                                You worry too much.. bc will probably only have to play one game against someone with a supposed good D. You'd have to like your odds in that scenario.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X