Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - People lie the most after a hunt, during a war or before an election

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 - People lie the most after a hunt, during a war or before an elect

mookie is channeling his inner Donald Trump today!

My guess in on the GOP side (and most likely the Dem side) they're doing the "on a scale of 1 to 10 how likely are you to vote" schtick to weed out likely voters, and since you have to be really, reaallly engaged right now to be a Ben Carson supporter, he's basically being overrepresented. A lot of people like to point out at this time in 2012 Michelle Bachmann was leading Iowa and then slipped. I personally don't think she slipped at all with the people from those August polls. The problem for her was the pool of likely voters expanded, but she had already locked down the crazies and there was no new voters to grab. One can argue this also happened with Howard Dean, and while his supporters aren't nutters Bernie Sanders needs to keep an eye on this as well particuarly as minority voters start engaging a bit more.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 - People lie the most after a hunt, during a war or before an elect

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      PS - Anybody see Trump's Carly Fiorina comment?
      Yeah, but he's 100% correct on that.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        and while his supporters aren't nutters Bernie Sanders needs to keep an eye on this as well
        Heh....

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Yeah, but he's 100% correct on that.
          That's Trump's gift. Saying uncomfortable but true things that nobody else wants to touch!
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Mike Huckabee still thinks the Dred Scott Supreme Court decision is "the law of the land," which.....actually explains quite a bit.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Mike Huckabee still thinks the Dred Scott Supreme Court decision is "the law of the land," which.....actually explains quite a bit.
              I listened to the audio here https://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/mik...4th-amendment/ and I get what Huckabee is saying but he's wrong. In fact in the audio it's mentioned that Lincoln thought Dred Scott was wrong but honored it and went about the process to change it. If the Legislature of the United States thinks the gay marriage decision was wrong they can change it by amending the Constitution (and Civil War) like they did with Dred Scott.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

More on Trump v Carson.

“Who is he to question my faith?” Trump asked host Chris Cuomo on CNN’s “New Day.” “He knows nothing about me.”

“I am a man of faith,” he said. “I hardly know Ben Carson. I’m a believer, big league in God. I will hit back on that.”

“I don’t think he’s a great religious figure,” Trump added. “If you look at his faith, you’re not going to make it very far.”
                Ah yes, I recall the Gospel passage: and Jesus spake, and he sayeth, "for whoever doth believe in me shall be big league in God. I mean, YOOGE with God. You're talking about a real winner here."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trump's campaign is like a reality show that's gone out of control.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    I'll go with my idea that you don't know what I'm talking about. Not the first time.
                    It's not rocket crochet Bob, but again dodge and parry.

Comment

Saw Biden on Colbert tonight. A breath of fresh air. If he enters, I'd be surprised if he's not the solid fav for the dems in a matter of weeks.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Saw Biden on Colbert tonight. A breath of fresh air. If he enters, I'd be surprised if he's not the solid fav for the dems in a matter of weeks.
                        Biden(40 years in DC) a breath of fresh air, I've seen and heard it all on here now
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The Washington Post has a Twitter account called PastFrontrunner that will tweet out the leaders on this date 4, 8, and 12 years ago.

Today is:
                          2004: Gephardt +2 (D)
                          2008: Clinton +19 (D)
                          Giuliana +6.5 (R)
                          2012: Perry +12.2 (R)
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Chuck Todd made an interesting comment on POTUS this morning. Sanders is now ahead in IA and NH. When do we start calling him "the frontrunner"?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Chuck Todd made an interesting comment on POTUS this morning. Sanders is now ahead in IA and NH. When do we start calling him "the frontrunner"?
                              When he's leading in a national poll. If I go to a caucus, I'd probably vote for him. But Nate Silver had a pretty good article a few weeks back about how Bernie could win Iowa and N.H. and then get demolished in South Carolina and the SEC primary and pretty much everywhere else besides Portlandia because he's made very little in roads among minorities and the non liberal wing.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                When he's leading in a national poll. If I go to a caucus, I'd probably vote for him. But Nate Silver had a pretty good article a few weeks back about how Bernie could win Iowa and N.H. and then get demolished in South Carolina and the SEC primary and pretty much everywhere else besides Portlandia because he's made very little in roads among minorities and the non liberal wing.
                                He also has a big problem in the Super Delegate area where Hillary has been piling them up. Lest we've forgettem what Super Delegates are:

A "superdelegate" or an "unpledged delegate" is a delegate to the Democratic National Convention or Republican National Convention that is seated automatically, based on his status as current (Republican and Democratic) or former (Democratic only) party leader or elected official.

Comment

Working...
                                X