Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 2015-16: So here's what we think that we know...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2015-16: So here's what we think that we know...

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    How exactly is he the one that got screwed?
    Freshman (Rookie) Scoring Leaders:
    Corey Mackin 9-12-21 ROTY All-Rookie
    Stephen Baylis 8- 9-17
    Mitch Hults 5- 8-13
    Gage Torrel 5- 6-11
    Max Coatta 5- 6-11 All-Rookie
    Jake Lucchini 4- 7-11 All-Rookie
    Anthony Nellis 3- 8-11

Defensemen:
    Kurt Gosselin 2- 7- 9
    Wyatt Ege 1- 8- 9 All-Rookie
    Owen Headrick 2- 6- 8
    Daniel Brickley 1- 6- 7 All-Rookie
    Connor McDonald 1- 6- 7
    Dillon Eichstadt 0- 7- 7

By the stats, it looks like Hults and Gosselin have the most right to complain.
    I was so resigned to having no Chargers listed that I didn't even think about that.

Well, ok, then. NO GOSSELIN?! GRRRRRRR!

Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      With the eye test, Torrel was definitely above Hults. That's the problem with voters who don't actually see the players play.

Mackin, Baylis, and Torrell would have been a legit set of choices. But I'm not going to say Lucchini didn't earn it, especially with his 2nd half.
      it was voted by the coaches
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        it was voted by the coaches
        Yeah, they see less than the officials do.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
          I was so resigned to having no Chargers listed that I didn't even think about that.

Part of that has to be defense, and part because he was only in 26 games, but to lead the league freshmen defensemen while missing eight games, ... okay.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

well done Ferris, on and off the ice.

"Endowments are becoming popular ways to provide reliable sources of funding. For example, Ferris State, in Michigan, announced this month that it has completed a campaign to establish a $1.5 million endowment. That principal remains untouched, but whatever investments it earns go to the hockey team to boost recruiting, or pay for travel and equipment."

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/03/1...rpower-status/
            Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

thank you Lake State. could you do it again tonight??
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post

Can't remember the last time there was a UAA freshman on that list. Way to go Ege!
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  Nope.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    I hope you weren't implying we need the Laker's help at the Final Five.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong you Alaska types, but until the state gets it's finances straight and has income equal outgo, we are in for continual issues in the Hockey and sports world. The fact is the oil revenue can't support the state any longer. Sure the price is going to rebound some, but overall the state needs to find other sources to operate on. Even if oil comes back it's feast or famine.
                      I know they hate income taxes and anything else that costs money, but it has to come from somewhere and the gravy train has come to a stop. I think they have to get with it, institute some tax reform that makes the revenue stream more predictable and get on with life.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Game times for Friday:

MN State vs BGSU 4pm
                        Tech vs Ferris 730pm

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Game times for Friday:

MN State vs BGSU 4pm
                          Tech vs Ferris 730pm
                          I can confirm that I heard the same report JJM did above, Mel Pearson confirmed MTU vs FSU at 7:30pm Friday.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            I can confirm that I heard the same report JJM did above, Mel Pearson confirmed MTU vs FSU at 7:30pm Friday.
                            Actually I got my info from the league office. It was embargoed, but since Mel spilled the beans I didn't see any point in waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Actually I got my info from the league office. It was embargoed, but since Mel spilled the beans I didn't see any point in waiting.
                              sounds good
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Apparently in the NCHC, the #1 seed gets its choice of early or late game. Good idea or bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X