Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks 2015-16 Season Thread - Straight Outta Sanction…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2015-16 Season Thread - Straight Outta Sanction…

Per BGSU, and public records (http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2015/07/wc...5-2016-season/)
    $ Bonus for winning Governor's Cup:

Matt Thomas $2,500 (2nd lowest bonus per calender year, 16 are possible, lowest is $1,500 for Kendall Classic Title)

Dallas Ferguson $2,000 (lowest of seven possible bonuses)

Adds more to my belief that the Governor's Cup is more for the fans, keep us occupied/invested/hate our "rivals".
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Per BGSU, and public records (http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2015/07/wc...5-2016-season/)

Matt Thomas $2,500 (2nd lowest bonus per calender year, 16 are possible, lowest is $1,500 for Kendall Classic Title)

Adds more to my belief that the Governor's Cup is more for the fans, keep us occupied/invested/hate our "rivals".
      Well, Dallas' would probably be higher if he didn't win it all the time.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I’m surprise Ferguson’s contract doesn’t require him to return $2,500 if he doesn’t win it. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          I’m surprise Ferguson’s contract doesn’t require him to return $2,500 if he doesn’t win it. Just saying.
          Careful, you don't want to have to start explaining the difference between win vacations and forfeits.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

OK, I'll give you a less trolling and more serious response.

Is winning the Governor's Cup a big **** deal to us? Yes. It is. And it will be to your team and fans whenever that day comes.

But, it is far from the only thing. I'd rather have our staff be comped for success on a conference and national stage. If I had to choose between being in the NCAA tourney and winning games there every year or winning the Governor's Cup, give me the big stage every time. The exposure our program would get on that stage is far, far greater than winning an in-state battle that most Americans (and most college hockey fans) could really care less about. That, I believe, is why the bonuses for Ferguson and Thomas are structured the way that they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              Well, Dallas' would probably be higher if he didn't win it all the time.
              What is Butterbeans _airbanks certified “mucky muck” win verification?

UA_ Website kinda forgot that slimmed down edition.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                What is Butterbeans _airbanks certified “mucky muck” win verification?

UA_ Website kinda forgot that slimmed down edition.
                I'm sure one of your peeps has it memorized.

Comment

I don’t know what his official record is, just that based on current base salaries and last year’s wins, he seems to be well worth his contract.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    I don’t know what his official record is, just that based on current base salaries and last year’s wins, he seems to be well worth his contract.

I sent that to a buddy of mine...his response: "UAA's coach makes that much? Holy ****."

Comment

I sent that to a buddy of mine...his response: "UAA's coach makes that much? Holy ****."
                      Better agent
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by mmf
                        Seems were getting close to finding out what the all important polls foretell for the upcoming season. I posted an incomplete version of this to another thread earlier, but have updated it a bit (UAF, BGSU, FSU, LSSU) and will post here. I don’t guarantee its accuracy, but it’s in the ballpark.

This is also my guess at how things shake out. MTU, BGSU, and MSU in the top tier. UAF, BSU, NMU and FSU in the middle mix, with UAF hopefully holding on for home ice. UAH, UAA, and LSSU fighting for the last playoff spot.

Goaltending for any team often determines success, but maybe even more so for UAF this year. Goaltending “play” the last couple of years has been very inconsistent and barely adequate. Maybe the weakest in the WCHA. I think we have guys that can get it done, but they just need to prove it. We have talent and speed. If we have good consistent goaltending we’ll have a good year.

Go Nooks!
                        Jones and Keeney can play, it's just a matter of consistency (especially for Jones). Keeney was solid his freshman year and hasn't played much since...would be nice for him to go out strong his senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf
                          Seems were getting close to finding out what the all important polls foretell for the upcoming season. I posted an incomplete version of this to another thread earlier, but have updated it a bit (UAF, BGSU, FSU, LSSU) and will post here. I don’t guarantee its accuracy, but it’s in the ballpark.

good work, except that BG doesn't have 13 from the BCHL. Where are you getting feeder systems info?
                          my count is USHL 11; BCHL 3; NAHL 4; OJHL 4; CCHL 4; CEGEP 1. Total = 27.
                          http://www.bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Good luck on the season, gotta admit I'm still pulling for all the old CCHA conference mates. OK, not CCHA -> NCHC teams or CCGA -> B1G teams. Anyway, welcome back from sanctions-land.
                          Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                            good work, except that BG doesn't have 13 from the BCHL. Where are you getting feeder systems info?
                            my count is USHL 11; BCHL 3; NAHL 4; OJHL 4; CCHL 4; CEGEP 1. Total = 27.
                            http://www.bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Good luck on the season, gotta admit I'm still pulling for all the old CCHA conference mates. OK, not CCHA -> NCHC teams or CCGA -> B1G teams. Anyway, welcome back from sanctions-land.
                            Sorry about that. Looks like last time I sorted my worksheet I messed all the feeder systems up. I'll delete that table and re-post.

Comment

Try this again...

This is also my guess at how things shake out. MTU, BGSU, and MSU in the top tier. UAF, BSU, NMU and FSU in the middle mix, with UAF hopefully holding on for home ice. UAH, UAA, and LSSU fighting for the last playoff spot.

Goaltending for any team often determines success, but maybe even more so for UAF this year. Goaltending “play” the last couple of years has been very inconsistent and barely adequate. Maybe the weakest in the WCHA. I think we have guys that can get it done, but they just need to prove it. We have talent and speed. If we have good consistent goaltending we’ll have a good year.

Go Nooks!

Comment

OK, I'll give you a less trolling and more serious response.

Is winning the Governor's Cup a big **** deal to us? Yes. It is. And it will be to your team and fans whenever that day comes.

But, it is far from the only thing. I'd rather have our staff be comped for success on a conference and national stage. If I had to choose between being in the NCAA tourney and winning games there every year or winning the Governor's Cup, give me the big stage every time. The exposure our program would get on that stage is far, far greater than winning an in-state battle that most Americans (and most college hockey fans) could really care less about. That, I believe, is why the bonuses for Ferguson and Thomas are structured the way that they are.
                                My comment was not geared towards you, but the UA_ fans that believe winning the Governor's Cup is the end all, be all. That the coaches have a huge bonus for winning it, and blah blah blah.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X