This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy: The Wogs Begin at Calais

Assad is a true un-PC hero. I'm sure Trump will get along with him fine.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      No, that's not the way it works. When there is no higher authority to adjudicate problems, where you put the soup spoon becomes really f-cking important. All that dumb etiquette arcana is how you "always remember a woman's birthday but never remember her age." It keeps everybody at the table and communications channels open, and in a "war of all against all" like geopolitics communications is the only thing standing between us and Very Bad Things.

This is symptomatic of Trump not having a clue how diplomacy works. That's scary as f-ck, because while phone calls don't cause wars, phone calls cause breakdowns in relations which then create an environment in which escalation becomes a higher risk.
      I think Trump's approach to foreign policy will be like his approach to debates: he is both too arrogant and too lazy to prepare. Add that to his impulsivity, and you have a lighted match walking around stumbling over fuses.

Comment

I'm not sure who this Assad guy is, but man does he *hate* Skittles. Anyway, stability is very good for business.

Newsweek had an interesting article today on how Erdogan has arrested some partners in Trump's giant towers in Istanbul as leverage to get the US to extradite the cleric from Pennsylvania that they blamed for the whole coup attempt. So that is going well.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          I think Trump's approach to foreign policy will be like his approach to debates: he is both too arrogant and too lazy to prepare. Add that to his impulsivity, and you have a lighted match walking around stumbling over fuses.
          I'd say it's more like smoking in a coal mine.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            What's wrong with that? I guarantee that Trump carried Centralia, PA.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Why try hard for the debates when Clinton received the questions in advance? And yet he still won...

Comment

Europe contemplates life after America.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Toilet paper sales have increased dramatically in Brussels and Berlin.

Meanwhile, Vlad, taking a page out of Reagan's playbook, will continue to rattle sabres and force the EU to dramatically increase their military spending thereby bankrupting the EU. The Western Alliance collapses and Vlad can rest secure on his Westetn borders.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    That's not an explosion proof device...
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Vlad can rest secure on his Westetn borders.
                      In what universe did he have to worry at all?
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Toilet paper sales have increased dramatically in Brussels and Berlin.
                        As well as Paris, not to mention Helsinki, Talinn, Riga, and Vilnius.

Not Rome, though. They don't have any toilet paper in Italy -- always bring a sock.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          In what universe did he have to worry at all?
                          Hey the neo cons keep wanting to expand NATO eastward. They keep fighting the wrong war.

The need to read Foundation.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Smart on them.

(Also, that sub looks badazz compared to the giant but silent dildos we make)
                            Code:

Comment

Hey the neo cons keep wanting to expand NATO eastward. They keep fighting the wrong war.

The need to read Foundation.
                              This isn't meant to be snarky, but can you point to a single credible movement within the US or Europe with any serious backing that wanted to push east into Russia? We obviously know Russia wants to reunite the Soviet Union and has taken the first giant steps towards that goal.
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                This isn't meant to be snarky, but can you point to a single credible movement within the US or Europe with any serious backing that wanted to push east into Russia? We obviously know Russia wants to reunite the Soviet Union and has taken the first giant steps towards that goal.
                                Expanded NATO into the Baltics, Poland and Balkans right up against the Russian Boulder. Why?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X