X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy: The Wogs Begin at Calais

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I wouldn't lump him in with that lot at all.
    Granted; they had talent.

Well, except Gwyneth.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Granted; they had talent.

Well, except Gwyneth.
      Jeezuz your tastes.

Comment

R.E.M. has put out some truly awful music (and a few good songs) and I have never heard an interview with Stipe where I didnt want to punch him in the face at least 4 times.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          R.E.M. has put out some truly awful music (and a few good songs) and I have never heard an interview with Stipe where I didnt want to punch him in the face at least 4 times.
          Remember reading that when they were up and coming a van of non-fans drove around Athens GA reading “Michael Stipe smoke my pipe” on the side
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Is it too much to ask for a Ceausescu-style ending for both of them?
            It has begun

Comment

Mugabe has been given an ultimatum to step down within 24 hours. He has been fired as leader of his party (presumably the only party), and will make an announcement today.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Mugabe has been given an ultimatum to step down within 24 hours. He has been fired as leader of his party (presumably the only party), and will make an announcement today.
                Looks like he stepped down. Now get him and the Mrs. out of the country to some nice retirement villa.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Looks like he stepped down. Now get him and the Mrs. out of the country to some nice retirement villa.
                  Unfortunately, I don't think Emmerson Mnangagwa is going to be any better for the odds of democracy in Zimbabwe. This is all about making sure the wife doesn't become Evita/Elena.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Apparently not..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...e-mugabe-exit/
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I’m sure this will end well for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I’m sure this will end well for all.
                        I don't see how this ends without riots and military force.

Comment

Germany is in a state of flux as Chancellor Merkel can't form a majority coalition.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Germany is in a state of flux as Chancellor Merkel can't form a majority coalition.
                            Huh. I thought her party had majorities, not just pluralities. Did she lose that much ground to the far right fringe?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What's old is new again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Huh. I thought her party had majorities, not just pluralities. Did she lose that much ground to the far right fringe?
                                @BBCBreaking: Germany's Angela Merkel says she prefers fresh elections to leading minority government after coalition talks fail http://bbc.in/2hIGmaV

And

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42047532
                                Last edited by joecct; 11-20-2017, 11:01 AM.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X