This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Suppose you were actually playing a team sport. Don't you think you'd tell the rest of your team your strategy, if you actually had one?
    Just win, baby!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: US Foreign Policy: The Wogs Begin at Calais

Erdogan claims victory in referendum that would give him sweeping new powers....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-1...c&sf70893255=1
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Erdogan claims victory in referendum that would give him sweeping new powers....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-1...c&sf70893255=1
        Turkey becomes a 'Stan.

Who's next?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Turkey becomes a 'Stan.

Who's next?
          Next will be the Eastern and Western Churches ending the Great Schism in order to combat the spread of Islam.

That's a pipe dream, just like the English monarchs becoming Catholic.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Suppose you were actually playing a team sport. Don't you think you'd tell the rest of your team your strategy, if you actually had one?
            Not if they were then going to debate it on television, no. I'd only want to discuss it with teammates with whom victory was more important than their own egos.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              Not if they were then going to debate it on television, no. I'd only want to discuss it with teammates with whom victory was more important than their own egos.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Next will be the Eastern and Western Churches ending the Great Schism in order to combat the spread of Islam.

That's a pipe dream, just like the English monarchs becoming Catholic.
                This has nothing to do with Islam. It has everything to do with a tinpot, anti-media ruler's desire to be a dictator. Basically, Egypt since the 50s, or the 'Stans since 1991.

Comment

This has nothing to do with Islam. It has everything to do with a tinpot, anti-media ruler's desire to be a dictator. Basically, Egypt since the 50s, or the 'Stans since 1991.
                  If he turns Hagia Sophia back into a mosque, you betcha it's about Islam.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    ....US since January...
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      ....US since January...
                      US hasn't dissolved legislature...yet.

Comment

If he turns Hagia Sophia back into a mosque, you betcha it's about Islam.
                        For you, sure, this is true.

But you have to understand that to a large number of us -- closing in on a plurality and growing -- all religions are the same . Sometimes useful, sometimes terrible, always keep an eye on the self-appointed spokesmen.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                          Suppose you and I are engaged in a contest of strategy, say, we are playing a game of chess against each other.

Would you really expect me to explain to you in advance my strategy on how I plan to beat you?
                          You know these ridiculous thoughts dont sound any better coming from your bot mouth than they do from Czar Urea right?
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            For you, sure, this is true.

But you have to understand that to a large number of us -- closing in on a plurality and growing -- all religions are the same . Sometimes useful, sometimes terrible, always keep an eye on the self-appointed spokesmen.
                            This, except skeptics are nowhere near a plurality, IMO.

Also, "Erodagan to make Hagia Sophia a Mosque again"...which conspiracy-mongering anti-VII Catholic site have you been following lately, Joe? Because that line has to have come from one of those sites.

Comment

This, except skeptics are nowhere near a plurality, IMO.

Also, "Erodagan to make Hagia Sophia a Mosque again"...which conspiracy-mongering anti-VII Catholic site have you been following lately, Joe? Because that line has to have come from one of those sites.
                              Orthodox - Eastern Church; not Catholic.

As for where I read it, try this rabid Know Nothing web page:

http://amp.usatoday.com/story/98169256/

And google "hagia sophia mosque" for more rabid anti-Catholic web pages.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Orthodox - Eastern Church; not Catholic.

As for where I read it, try this rabid Know Nothing web page:

http://amp.usatoday.com/story/98169256/

And google "hagia sophia mosque" for more rabid anti-Catholic web pages.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJEiDRi4Itc
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X