St. Norbert 2015-16 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    You're the one who routinely posts links to SNC stories that originate from your own place of employment, so surely you don't need to solicit answers on a dying message board. If you guys had an ounce of proactivity coursing through those veins you'd be all over this and wouldn't have to come in here and beg to be spoonfed by someone who actually expended some effort to figure out what's going on. Go ask a few questions. The answers ain't that hard to find on this one. Love the Ziedins sweater.
    I don't work in the sports department, for one.

Two, I saw this late last night - when our sports guys were busy with prep football and it's not exactly the best time to reach people in athletics departments.

Three, at this point I am not sure it's something our sports department would do a story on. while they may think it's a story at some point, I was asking due to my interest as a fan

This is the place for me to express my opinion about hockey - so I don't understand your issue with that.

And, I AM asking questions about it; some folks on here may have some insight about the change.

And, thanks, I like the jersey, too
    Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 10-10-2015, 09:20 AM.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Re: St. Norbert 2015-16 Season

Since I don't have the Adrian thread going yet (and I won't for at least another week yet), I probably should respond.

I don't like this change. To have 6 teams in one division, and 5 in another, is silly, since everybody's playing everybody twice anyway. As for the Wednesday-to-weekend series, I think that's a much bigger advantage to the home team that weekend. By Saturday afternoon/evening, and especially if a mini-game comes into play, there's a serious chance that fatigue comes into play for the road team, playing their 3rd game in 4 days, and especially if the road team on the weekend is also on the road for Wednesday night's game as well.

As for the article. I found it on my FB page, copied it, and pasted it here. I didn't know if you guys had seem something like this yet.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Congrats to Jason Deitsch on his induction into the SNC Athletic Hall of Fame:
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

The only way divisions make sense is if there is an unbalanced schedule. If you play each team in your division more often than teams in the other division, it makes sense to use divisions to qualify for the play offs, but not if you play all the teams in the league the same number of games
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            The only way divisions make sense is if there is an unbalanced schedule. If you play each team in your division more often than teams in the other division, it makes sense to use divisions to qualify for the play offs, but not if you play all the teams in the league the same number of games
            Agreed. Perhaps this is an artificial way of not having Scholastica play Adrian (or some other long distance pairing) in the first round? Because now, you've cut off half the teams that could make a really long drive to one of the conference outposts.
            St. Norbert College Green Knights
            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            ---
            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
              Agreed. Perhaps this is an artificial way of not having Scholastica play Adrian (or some other long distance pairing) in the first round? Because now, you've cut off half the teams that could make a really long drive to one of the conference outposts.
              Ding, ding, ding... The reason for the divisional alignment is only to ensure that Scholastica/Northland/Finlandia would not travel to Lake Forest/Adrian/Aurora or vice versa for a mid-week quarterfinal "play-in" and then have to turn around and drive 10 hours for a semi-final... This also seems to put more weight on the regular season. Don't want to play in a mid-week play in? WIN. Top seeds should have the best chance to win. This should give the NCHA the best chance to have multiple teams in the NCAAs.

Comment

This makes very little sense if all the teams in both divisions play the exact same schedule. There is the chance that the 4th place team in one division could have a better record than the 3rd place team in the other division, yet miss the opportunity to make the playoffs. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by snc11 View Post
                  This makes very little sense if all the teams in both divisions play the exact same schedule. There is the chance that the 4th place team in one division could have a better record than the 3rd place team in the other division, yet miss the opportunity to make the playoffs. It is what it is.
                  This happens in most sports with divisions all the time !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by snc11 View Post
                    Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    This happens in most sports with divisions all the time !
                    In most sports with divisions, the justification is that teams in the same division play each other more often than they do teams in other divisions. Thus there is a degree of difference in comparison between the raw records.

In the NFL, each team plays the other teams in their division twice, and teams in other divisions only once or not at all.
                    In MLB, each team plays a majority of their schedule within their division, and only two series with teams outside, and only one series with a selected division from the other league.
                    In the NHL, teams play 5 games against each team in their division and two or three games against teams not in their division.

In each, the unbalanced schedules makes a comparison primarily within your own division mathematically reasonable. But if you play the same schedule throughout the league, it makes no sense to divide into divisions.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

In most sports with divisions, the justification is that teams in the same division play each other more often than they do teams in other divisions. Thus there is a degree of difference in comparison between the raw records.

In the NFL, each team plays the other teams in their division twice, and teams in other divisions only once or not at all.
                      In MLB, each team plays a majority of their schedule within their division, and only two series with teams outside, and only one series with a selected division from the other league.
                      In the NHL, teams play 5 games against each team in their division and two or three games against teams not in their division.

In each, the unbalanced schedules makes a comparison primarily within your own division mathematically reasonable. But if you play the same schedule throughout the league, it makes no sense to divide into divisions.
                      That was the point I was trying to make. I guess I didn't explain it well enough for Birdwatcher.

Comment

Saw Black play a lot last year. Although he's small he's got great positioning and is quick as a cat. Thought he frequently outplayed his counterpart Kupsky who got drafted by the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Wrister View Post
                          Saw Black play a lot last year. Although he's small he's got great positioning and is quick as a cat. Thought he frequently outplayed his counterpart Kupsky who got drafted by the NHL.
                          Black has looked sharp in the early practices..see how he does in the I/S game tomorrow..
                          His stats were overall better than Kupsky last season in the NAHL...both played in 35 games and Black won more games: 21 to 19...plus had a better GAA and save %.....big size difference though, as Kupsky is listed @ 6 - 4, 6 - 5...while Black is listed @ 5 - 9....
                          SNC Men:
                          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                          SNC Women:

Comment

If someone were going to the practices, or even the games that are not televised...apparently the game in Marian is not going to be a video broadcast...it would be cool to have it on the Periscope app...it's a live stream right from a cellphone or iPad. Help us out-of-state fans watch a practice or game. You'd simply load up the app and use your camera and it streams. If you do so let me know who to friend and when you broadcast i get a notice on my phone and can watch!

Would REALLY like to watch the intrasquad game tomorrow...periscope would do it. I bet a lot of us would watch!
                            Last edited by Wicked Wrister; 10-23-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Wrister View Post
                              If someone were going to the practices, or even the games that are not televised...apparently the game in Marian is not going to be a video broadcast...it would be cool to have it on the Periscope app...it's a live stream right from a cellphone or iPad. Help us out-of-state fans watch a practice or game. You'd simply load up the app and use your camera and it streams. If you do so let me know who to friend and when you broadcast i get a notice on my phone and can watch!

Would REALLY like to watch the intrasquad game tomorrow...periscope would do it. I bet a lot of us would watch!
                              In the past, Marian has had, at least, audio of their home games....not sure about this season.
                              I will share your request with some of the other SNC fans in the GB area....
                              SNC Men:
                              SNC Women:

Comment

SNC will have the audio broadcast not the video. Would love to see the scrimmage tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X