St. Norbert 2015-16 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Norbert 2015-16 Season

Just heard the guys are going to the Preds/Sabers game. Made that long bus ride worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Wrister View Post
      Just heard the guys are going to the Preds/Sabers game. Made that long bus ride worth it!
      Looking for Fisher's wife ?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        Not really. Potsdam was undefeated 6-0-0 until Saturday when they lost 7-1 to Plattsburgh. If they were playing say Hobart, Oswego, Plattsburgh, Norwich, Trinity, or maybe even a Utica team I'd say a split would be a good weekend. Buff State lost to Plattsburgh just 4-2 but the game wasn't really that close. Maybe a MSOE or Marian type team. A team you should beat but can be pesky. A typical SNC team should have no issue beating Buff State.

As far as what to do? Buffalo is playing Nashville tonight. I know some teams have gone to the games. Other teams have hit up the Galleria Mall. Some have raced a Poll Position Raceway. Then there's the usual trip to Niagara Falls most new teams take. The 716 Sports Bar is off the hook.
        Beware of taking an opponent too lightly

http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...vs-st-norbert/
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They saw Eichel score a goal, and got some Timmy's coffee at the arena.

I don't think coach Cogs would let them take any team lightly, especially one with a winning record.

Comment

Brian Lester is picking Buffalo State to sweep: http://www.uscho.com/mens-d3-blog/20...-picks-nov-27/

Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Wrister View Post
              Brian Lester is picking Buffalo State to sweep: http://www.uscho.com/mens-d3-blog/20...-picks-nov-27/

Comments?
              He must have changed it then. At the bottom, he's got a split now. Either way, I'd be mighty surprised if Buff State goes away with anything this weekend.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The way I read it (I could be mis-interpreting) he's picking BS 4-3 in game 1, and 3-2 in game 2. Anyway you don't think it'll be that close. Anyone else?

Comment

I read Buff takes the first one, with SNC winning on Saturday.

I think SNC takes both, comfortably. 2-3 goal games each.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I can see he meant it that way as well. Anyway I predict since SNC shut down Stevens Point's at their barn last game and I'd expect BS to not be quite as strong as them, so I think SNC wins both games by a couple goals each game.
                    Last edited by Wicked Wrister; 11-27-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Nice win by SNC again to go along with the great prior weekend victories. Now do not eat too many chicken wings tonight and finish the long trip tomorrow with another victory.
                      SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                        Nice win by SNC again to go along with the great prior weekend victories. Now do not eat too many chicken wings tonight and finish the long trip tomorrow with another victory.
                        Agreed...solid road win...giving up just one goal per game in last seven...winning formula for sure.
                        Kujava continues to step up as the #1 in goal...should see the freshman Black in net today.
                        SNC Men:
                        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                        SNC Women:
                        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

All in all a fine weekend. The sweep would have been nice (and to be honest, expected) but the out of region tie should have no real adverse effects.

I agree, it is great to see Kujava comfortably stepping into the #1 role...

Comment

Actually all games, except for those against DI and DII teams count as in-region. The only restriction is on the number of games you play out of region.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The only major issue I see is if Buffalo State ends up as a ranked team in the East. And even so, I don't think any damage done to SNC's ranking will be too bad at all. Especially with that win over UWSP sitting there.
                              Last edited by Hammer; 11-29-2015, 07:27 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                The only major issue I see is if Buffalo State ends up as a ranked team in the East. And even so, I don't think any damage done to SNC's ranking will be too bad at all. Especially with that win over UWSP sitting there.
                                Or it comes down to a Pool bid with say Plattsburgh.....if Plattsburgh beats Buffalo in Buffalo in a few weeks. It would give Plattsburgh a +1 in common opponents....
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X