St. Norbert 2015-16 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Norbert 2015-16 Season

I've heard talk of it before. I think in the past it has conflicted with the girls state basketball tournament, but I know that conflict wouldn't have existed this past year.
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• St Norbert 2015 16 Season

I have thought about it as well but did not have the stones to post. There is a lot of season left And this next one is huge.
      Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

• Re: St Norbert 2015 16 Season

Originally posted by Whocautencen View Post
        I have thought about it as well but did not have the stones to post. There is a lot of season left And this next one is huge.
        Posted via Mobile Device
        Have you been in a time machine?
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Have you been in a time machine?
          Hot tub??
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Hot tub??
            I think he's been in the bath salts. First one about the upcoming auto show (that was already held last January), then one in the RPI womens' thread about Dayton and the Atlantic 10 conference, and now this. I gotta believe that it's a spam bot pinging this place, but there's no links attached to any of these posts.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Does anybody have 2016-17 season ticket info? It looks like the SNC box office redid their website and I cannot seem to find any info on hockey (or any other sport for that matter) tickets.
              5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                Does anybody have 2016-17 season ticket info? It looks like the SNC box office redid their website and I cannot seem to find any info on hockey (or any other sport for that matter) tickets.
                Season Tickets sales are here. (enter HOCKEY in the search box to quickly bring up the hockey season ticket - individual tickets go on sale Sept 28).
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Out of curiosity, has SNC ever put forth a bid to host the D-III FF at (say) the Resch?
                  I have asked the folks at PMI (the company which runs the Resch complex and owns the Gamblers) over the years. Basically, the answer is no. The arena (4,000 or so) is better sized for the event but given its condition they don't want to do it there. With no guarantee SNC makes it, they don't want to give up a Gamblers weekend - where they can sell beer - for this.

And, given the absolutely horrible attendance the last two times it hosted D1 regionals without Wisconsin - maybe 1500 per game - I can't say as I blame them.
                  St. Norbert College Green Knights
                  NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                  NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                  NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  ---
                  SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                    I have asked the folks at PMI (the company which runs the Resch complex and owns the Gamblers) over the years. Basically, the answer is no. The arena (4,000 or so) is better sized for the event but given its condition they don't want to do it there. With no guarantee SNC makes it, they don't want to give up a Gamblers weekend - where they can sell beer - for this.

And, given the absolutely horrible attendance the last two times it hosted D1 regionals without Wisconsin - maybe 1500 per game - I can't say as I blame them.
                    I find it interesting that this seems to be a big issue in the (mid)West, but less of a concern in the East. Seems like a bit of a more home team centric attitude towards the sport. Don't really know if it is the case or not, but this seems to be a concern that I heard from the (mid)West region much more frequently than I hear from the East..
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      I find it interesting that this seems to be a big issue in the (mid)West, but less of a concern in the East. Seems like a bit of a more home team centric attitude towards the sport. Don't really know if it is the case or not, but this seems to be a concern that I heard from the (mid)West region much more frequently than I hear from the East..
                      I think part of it is the greater distances involved.

Say SNC doesn't make it. It's seems unlikely that Lawrence and Marian would. So, that means UWSP is the only possible team within 90 minutes. All of the Minnesota schools are more than four hours away. If it's a year with three eastern teams and a not-close western team (Adrian, UWSup), that's a recipe for lots of people dressed as red seats in the 9,000 Resch Center. Unfortunately.

And in PMI's case, it needs to have a better draw than its other option. The Gamblers draw more than 3,000 per game - usually higher that time of year. If it gives up two dates then, it would replace them with earlier season dates, or the odd weekday or Sunday afternoon. From a business perspective, doesn't make much sense. (Especially without beer, did I mention that? )

If the Brown County Arena were in better in shape, it's a better sized building. But, PMI may not want to split the hockey crowd, either.
                      Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 08-22-2016, 08:57 AM.
                      ---

Comment

Yes, more western region hosted D3 Frozen Fours would be great, however I do think Minneapolis is by far the most logical location.

A couple other thoughts:

-Eastern region hosted finals have had terrible attendance recently especially if it is two western region teams playing. In fact, unless Oswego, Plattsburgh, or Norwich is playing the venues are generally empty.

-The east does not have Tier 1 junior hockey to compete with NCAA hockey.

Comment

I think LaBahn would be a great option, much in the way Ridder is. But easy for me to volunteer someone else's facility. And with no team in Madison, even the west teams would be travelling a bit. (In other words, no obvious hometown draw).
                          ---

Comment

Lot of DIII hockey within a couple hours (MSOE, CUW, Marian, Lawrence, SNC) mixed with a pretty established hockey community that Madison is. Would be a closer area to travel to for the current west favorites to make it to future Final Four given the recent success (Stevens-Point, SNC, Adrian).

Comment

Is St Norbert going to actual bring anyone in this year? D3hockey has them bringing in only 2 recruits, which they normally are pretty much spot on for Norbert recruiting classes. I know they lost only 4 seniors last year, but it seems to be they are very light at this point.
                              I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                                Is St Norbert going to actual bring anyone in this year? D3hockey has them bringing in only 2 recruits, which they normally are pretty much spot on for Norbert recruiting classes. I know they lost only 4 seniors last year, but it seems to be they are very light at this point.
                                I think they had a few that they lost to D1?? Never know

Comment

Working...
                                X