X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead

Quirky little movie. Great cast. Some of the dialogue might go over one's head, unless you're familiar with organized crime, but it's not that far out of being able to understand the general meaning. I'd give it a go if you want something different.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

I saw a movie the other night on net flicks called " The Green Prince" .(2014) I thought it was worth recommending. Documentary about Israel.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Boat drinks!!!
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Boat drinks!!!
        I actually really liked that little concept. Made them more human, more sympathetic.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation. Very entertaining and highly recommend for the theater.

Also stumbled upon a gem called Robocroc on SyFy and the lead actor was the dude from Parker Lewis Can't Lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I actually really liked that little concept. Made them more human, more sympathetic.
            I really like that whole movie. It's a little hard to watch at times, and not something for rewatching every week or month or whatever, but it's a really well done movie concept with a real good cast. I wouldn't call it fun, cause the entire plot is anything but, but it's definitely worth watching.

Comment

In The Electric Mist:

Tommy Lee Jones plays a cop (shocker) who is trying to solve a Louisiana murder, but has difficulty doing so, due to the "don't know nothing" attitude of the locals. It was only released in theaters overseas, while in the US it went straight to DVD. The movie is okay, and therefore I thought the movie was of a quality that one would expect from a movie that was more deserving of a straight to DVD release, but not a wide theatrical release.

TLJ basically plays the same character as he did in No Country For Old Men, however the other actors/actresses stepped up their game a little, evening out the movie. Once you get the feel of the other characters, though, the ending is rather predictable and anti-climactic.

Comment

Creep:

When a videographer answers a Craigslist ad for a one-day job in a remote mountain town, he finds his client is not at all what he initially seems.

The only thing that was bad about this movie was the major mistakes the main character made. There are horror/thriller mistakes, and then there are the mistakes this guy made. If not for that, excellent movie. Mark Duplass (The League) continues to impress me with his movie roles (although typecast as some sort of off-the-wall guy). The title does say it all. Worth a look, overall.

Comment

answers a Craigslist ad for a one-day job in a remote mountain town
                  ...seems legit...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    ...seems legit...
                    And that was the least bad mistake the main character made.

Comment

Finally watched "Payback."

Good movie. Very "Get Shorty"-like. I remember not being interested, thinking it was another zany Mel Gibson movie. I was wrong. Well done. And props to an early role for Maria Bello; love her as an actress (even in Coyote Ugly).

Comment

(even in Coyote Ugly).
                        Slowly I turned. My god but I hated every minute of that movie.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-27-2015, 08:32 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Even hot chicks dancing on top of a bar?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Even hot chicks dancing on top of a bar?
                            I don't even remember the **** parts of the movie; it was that bad.

edit: you can't write s-e-x-y on here? JFC.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Finally watched "Payback."

Good movie. Very "Get Shorty"-like. I remember not being interested, thinking it was another zany Mel Gibson movie. I was wrong. Well done. And props to an early role for Maria Bello; love her as an actress (even in Coyote Ugly).
                              Always enjoy seeing this when it pops up on cable

May also have been Lucy Liu's first big role
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X