• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2015-2016 The New Season

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
    Who was he yelling at?
    Hamilton.
    He didn't neutralize his man on the first Union goal and pinched in overtime causing the 2 on 1 that led to the goal.
    Not a great game for the player but nobody deserves being called out like that in front of an entire arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
      Hamilton.
      He didn't neutralize his man on the first Union goal and pinched in overtime causing the 2 on 1 that led to the goal.
      Not a great game for the player but nobody deserves being called out like that in front of an entire arena.
      Sounds like someone needs to yell at Sneddon.

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
        Sounds like someone needs to yell at Sneddon.
        He keeps trotting him out there, and expects anything different. Shame on him!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Looking forward to our game with you guys at the Gut on Wednesday. We're banged up and have a short bench so hope we can give you a game
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Nice win by UVM tonight. Like the line combinations. Muscoby played a very solid game on D. Consistently made plays at the blue line rather than backing in on Munson and was effective at separating his man from the puck. Hopefully Privaterra's injury isn't serious. He came off the ice protecting his forearm/wrist and went straight into the locker room.

Comment

Dare I say, Goalie controversy.

Granted the sample size for Munson is pretty small and the shots on goal have been pretty minimal in the games he's played. But statistics aside, for some reason the team seems to play better in front of him. I hate the idea of Santaguida losing his job because of an injury, but if Sneddon wants to be competitive going down the stretch it may be something he has to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule617 View Post
                Dare I say, Goalie controversy.

Granted the sample size for Munson is pretty small and the shots on goal have been pretty minimal in the games he's played. But statistics aside, for some reason the team seems to play better in front of him. I hate the idea of Santaguida losing his job because of an injury, but if Sneddon wants to be competitive going down the stretch it may be something he has to think about.
                Sometimes it takes something like a back up goalie to get guys going. The team D in front of Munson has been much better then what they were giving to Santa. That has been a large part of the teams recent success. UNH is averaging nearly 4 gpg and 30 shots and the Cats kept them to 2g and less then 20 shots. They held one of the more offensive teams in check and were rewarded for it.

Being competitive down the stretch will take this continued play more so then which goalie is in net. Munson has shown he can provide the necessary goaltending in addition to Santa.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Munson does a very good job absorbing shots and smothering rebounds. I think he holds his position better than Santaguida. Santaguida gets a little frantic at times rather than waiting for the shot to come to him.

Comment

FYI: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...g_to_crawl.php

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                      Munson does a very good job absorbing shots and smothering rebounds. I think he holds his position better than Santaguida. Santaguida gets a little frantic at times rather than waiting for the shot to come to him.
                      This is my number one complaint with Santa, although I think he's been better about it this year. They say you shouldn't lose your job to injury, but I'm liking Packy a lot right now! Enough to want to play him over a healthy Santa.

Comment

Considering the teams Santa played and those Packy has played its hard to make to much of his record right now. Lets see how his numbers
                        look after the Providence weekend at least. That said he has been far better than any of us thought he would be so far.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

A win is a win. Love the roll they are on.....
                          Would love to see some more pucks going in the net and a REAL power play unit. Please....it's the new year....
                          It 'feels' like some of the freshmen are beginning to step up.....
                          Go Cats Go!

Comment

1-0 is so stressful to watch... Looking forward to next weekend against Providence to see if the apparent improvement over the last month or so had more to do with the opponents than the team itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                              Considering the teams Santa played and those Packy has played its hard to make to much of his record right now. Lets see how his numbers
                              look after the Providence weekend at least. That said he has been far better than any of us thought he would be so far.
                              Munson looks so much smoother in net than Santa. There was a shot from Dartmouth through a screen where he went down and the rebound went nicely into the corner.. I think barring a meltdown you keep him in for the stretch run. Also, his size is a big factor. Santa is just too small..

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                                Munson looks so much smoother in net than Santa. There was a shot from Dartmouth through a screen where he went down and the rebound went nicely into the corner.. I think barring a meltdown you keep him in for the stretch run. Also, his size is a big factor. Santa is just too small..
                                I agree. It is not usual to have a player lose a spot because of injury but Santa just wasn't that good and Munson deserves the chance to play until he is not playing well, which I hope will not happen. It will be interesting to see how Munson plays this weekend against a very strong Providence team that gets a lot of offence from the defence. Proper positioning is vital and hopefully his big body will stop shots that he may be unable to see.
                                The defence has been better of late. Against Dartmouth, Privittera and Abramson were on more then half the period and looked good together. Pattyn was solid and Muscoby had his moments but I would prefer to have Hamilton or Phillips in his place as neither of them run around like Muscoby does. Lee has been ok and deserves to dress but should be in a reduced role as he was against Dartmouth. As for Ferguson, I also would prefer either Hamilton or Phillips.
                                The forwards seem to be playing better, Bradley in particular. Shaw still needs to find the net and I do not understand why Sinkbeil hasn't played in a while, unless he is hurt.
                                If the Cats can take a game off Providence this weekend and keep the other game close, that would be amazing in my view.

Comment

Working...
                                X