Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - A Trump l'oeil? Kepler's Laws of Election Motions? Ship of Fools?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 - A Trump l'oeil? Kepler's Laws of Election Motions? Ship of Fools

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    It's not racist, it's pandering. Learn the difference.
    at the nudie bar, chinese girls are "pandas"
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 - A Trump l'oeil? Kepler's Laws of Election Motions? Ship of Fools

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Odds that BOTH parties will have a woman on the ticket??
      I think for the GOP, they need to get Rubio on the ticket for VP if he's willing. Obviously not square with the Constitution if Bush is the nominee, and wouldn't work with Cruz at top of ticket. But if Walker's the nominee, that's his best choice IMHO.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what women are out there to choose from unless they like Fiorina. Its not like a VP choice of a woman is going to take away votes from a potential first woman President. Nicki Haley isn't a great choice as she brings nothing to the ticket and is already rooted in the party's geographic base. Everybody throws Martinez' name around from New Mexico but I heard last time she was not interested.

I don't know who Hillary would choose for her pick. You could go young Hispanic like one of the Castro brothers (the ones from Texas, not the old guys in Cuba ). That's a big leap though from their current jobs. She might take a hard core liberal instead like a Sherrod Brown from Ohio...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        The Downfall of Bernie's and Hillary's high ed proposals

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32821678
        That we'd have to pay taxes to fund silly things like education instead of wasteful military projects?
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          That we'd have to pay taxes to fund silly things like education instead of wasteful military projects?
          Or raise taxes on the wealthy who have had a tax holiday since Reagan while middle class wages have stagnated and savings have cratered.

Couldn't do that. It would be too logical.
          Last edited by Kepler; 08-13-2015, 01:17 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Even If the Joimons are willing to do it for us?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              It's not racist, it's pandering. Learn the difference.
              It's still judging a candidate based upon the colour of the skin. That's racism. There is no difference, regardless of whatever newspeak bull**** you want to try to shove down my throat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                I think for the GOP, they need to get Rubio on the ticket for VP if he's willing.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what women are out there to choose from unless they like Fiorina. Its not like a VP choice of a woman is going to take away votes from a potential first woman President.
                I am of the (old school?) belief that on a ticket the top candidate is supposed to stay "Presidential" and the running mate is supposed to be the attack dog.

Rubio is a chihuahua*; Carly is a Doberman.

*Was that bad?
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  I am of the (old school?) belief that on a ticket the top candidate is supposed to stay "Presidential" and the running mate is supposed to be the attack dog.

Rubio is a chihuahua*; Carly is a Doberman.

*Was that bad?
                  Veeps don't seem to be attack dogs anymore. Other surrogates do that for the candidate (DNC officials for the Dems, Fox and the rest of the Echo Chamber for the GOP). I don't recall Biden smacking down Romney, for example.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oops. Embarrassing.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      More hypocrisy. The Nile River has less water than the Republican Party has hypocrisy.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        More hypocrisy. The Nile River has less water than the Republican Party has hypocrisy.
                        Who's in denial?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

http://blackbag.gawker.com/is-donald...p-h-1723925057

lol. This theory is gaining momentum. Frankly it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if it were true. I know a number of us have joked about it on here in the past few months.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            His quote toward the end of the article is surreal. What it comes down to, basically, is that everyone else's research is performed using murdered babies while his is simply performed using "dead specimens". That'll pretty much do it for Dr Carson...it was a nice run.
                            Last edited by GrinCDXX; 08-13-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                              His quote toward the end of the article is surreal. What it comes down to, basically, is that everyone else's research is performed on murdered babies while his is simply performed using "dead specimens". That'll pretty much do it for Dr Carson...it was a nice run.
                              You underestimate the stupidity of the GOP electorate. He will get a pass on this.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                http://blackbag.gawker.com/is-donald...p-h-1723925057

lol. This theory is gaining momentum. Frankly it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if it were true. I know a number of us have joked about it on here in the past few months.
                                Great piece.

Boiled down, Trump’s appeal to the Republican Party’s base consists of his willingness to say nakedly racist statements and his promises to enact equally racist legislation. But why is that appeal surprising? In its contemporary manifestation, the GOP has repeatedly sought the support of voters who wish to disempower and intimidate racial minorities. This isn’t just about the party’s bizarre obsession with upholding the sanctity of the Confederate flag. To this day, for example, the party continues to advocate for Voter ID laws, which are ostensibly designed to combat in-person voter fraud—a virtually non-existent phenomenon—but in practice help prevent a disproportionate number of eligible non-white voters from actually voting. Its intellectual leaders have dismissed the ubiquitous threat of police violence towards black people as illusory.

Donald Trump’s popularity indicates that this country’s most fervent conservatives are primarily concerned not with reducing abortion rights, or repealing Obamacare, but rather with preserving white hegemony in the United States. For years and years, the Republican Party has happily accommodated these kinds of conservatives under the unspoken assumption that they would never be powerful enough to publicize their own candidate. Trump speaks to the error of that assumption.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X