RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Today is 14 August 2015. There are 50 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I suppose if you have no expectations, you are not disappointed. That sort of thought process will have one of two results: dooming us to mediocrity, or establishing more poise and control. I'm sure we all hope it's the latter. The tools are in place: great barn, nice locker rooms, high class training facility. Now it's time for the team to earn the proverbial "paycheck" and start to show the dividends the tute's investment paid.
      If my expectations had anything to do with the teams performance ("dooming us to mediocrity"), then we would have won every NCAA title since 1994.
      No, I will go into this season hoping for the best and expecting nothing.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

It may not be the reason now, but it was certainly the reason you started. Going to put another stupid tag about me, or is comparing me to Hokeydope enough?
        I love how I'm your boogeyman. Your obsession with tags, and your steadfast determination that it's me who's behind them. So precious.

By the way, are you officially p***ying out on the bets, or just the idiotic odds you gave? 'Cause I've got $100 that'll be worthwhile just to watch you sweat having to cut a check for three large.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          I love how I'm your boogeyman. Your obsession with tags, and your steadfast determination that it's me who's behind them. So precious.

By the way, are you officially p***ying out on the bets, or just the idiotic odds you gave? 'Cause I've got $100 that'll be worthwhile just to watch you sweat having to cut a check for three large.
          If it was for real, i would have jumped all over those odds for a much larger sum.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 15 August 2015. There are 49 days (7 weeks) until RPI's next game.

and still no rosters
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I look forward to every season and the roller coaster ride it brings. The Mets are in first place...so anything can happen.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Today is 16 August 2015. There are 48 days until RPI's next game.

and still no rosters
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BubelA flies in tomorrow!
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                    Hopefully his arms will not be too tired to hold a hockey stick.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 17 August 2015. There are 47 days until RPI's next game.

and still no rosters
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        If it was for real, i would have jumped all over those odds for a much larger sum.
                        As it was, he bailed very quickly after $70 total was proffered.

If that famous seen from the 1950s were replayed today:

Attorney Welch: "Have you no shame?"
                        DUD: "Nope."
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          Good news. Hopefully that's just about everyone, and the team can get some good cohesion going during captain's practices.

Comment

Good news. Hopefully that's just about everyone, and the team can get some good cohesion going during captain's practices.
                            Speaking of which, when do we hear who the captains are? If we're sticking to seniors, I guess Chris Bradley is probably the front-runner with Miller and Bubela getting As? I know Kazzy can't be the official captain, but can he wear an A?
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              Speaking of which, when do we hear who the captains are? If we're sticking to seniors, I guess Chris Bradley is probably the front-runner with Miller and Bubela getting As? I know Kazzy can't be the official captain, but can he wear an A?
                              A goaltender can wear the A; I seem to recall one (I think from SLU) during my tenure at the 'tute.

Chris Bradley would seem to be a shoe-in, given he was the designated captain when the four letter wearers were under suspension last year. Why do I keep thinking Miller graduated?

Comment

A goaltender can wear the A; I seem to recall one (I think from SLU) during my tenure at the 'tute.

Chris Bradley would seem to be a shoe-in, given he was the designated captain when the four letter wearers were under suspension last year. Why do I keep thinking Miller graduated?
                                No idea. Captains were announced mid-June last year, but weren't announced until early October either of the two seasons prior. Looks like we're headed toward an announcement the week of the exhibition again.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X