This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Started listening to Pandora right after you suggested it over iheart. I think I can already tell that it is better.

6 songs in, and they have already given my Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton. Now that, right there, is a big ****ing win.

Oh, and if you missed the Chris Stapleton surge, given Tennessee Whiskey a quick listen. Crazy good, bluesy, soulsy, with crazy good vocals.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Foo Fighters released an unannounced EP for free download on their website yesterday titled Saint Cecelia. It's a thank you to the fans, and was supposed to happen a little later this year but the timing moved up due to the terrorist attacks in Paris cutting short their Sonic Highways tour.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Traffic - self-titled. Just brilliant.

Comment

Cloud Cult will have a new album out soon. Already looking forward to it.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I have discovered a treasure to humanity....Eluveitie. Not many of the lyrics are English, but that really does not matter. I especially love Uis Elveti and Inis Mona. Their newer stuff is a little more commercial, like Call of the Mountains, but still pretty awesome. I love the contrasting instruments.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              The Foo Fighters released an unannounced EP for free download on their website yesterday titled Saint Cecelia.
              Unsurprisingly, it's quite good.

Comment

James Brown - compilation. The Godfather was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  James Brown - compilation. The Godfather was brilliant.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Payback might be the perfect "cruising" song. I love cranking that when driving non-highways.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"Hallelujah," both the Jeff Buckley and Rufus Wainwright version. Would like to hear the original by Leonard Cohen.
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

R.E.M.- "Out Of Time"

Comment

Playing through Stone Temple Pilots' "Core" (Adios, Scott Weiland, you will be missed), then Foo Fighters' new "Saint Cecilia" EP (nice early Christmas present), and then vintage "Garbage" (self-titled) and it's like it's 1995 all over again. Not that I listened to any of that in 1995, since I was 8 years old and more concerned with Mrs. Rosenblum's Fun Friday board games in 4th grade, but a guy can pretend he was GenX.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Playing through Stone Temple Pilots' "Core" (Adios, Scott Weiland, you will be missed), then Foo Fighters' new "Saint Cecilia" EP (nice early Christmas present), and then vintage "Garbage" (self-titled) and it's like it's 1995 all over again. Not that I listened to any of that in 1995, since I was 8 years old and more concerned with Mrs. Rosenblum's Fun Friday board games in 4th grade, but a guy can pretend he was GenX.
                            That's when I graduated high school. We had great rock/alt rock music during my high school years.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              That's when I graduated high school. We had great rock/alt rock music during my high school years.
                              Yeah, I was listening to 50s/60s oldies during that time, due to my mom's love of Dick Purtan's morning talk show on Detroit radio (IIRC, starting on Q95/WCZY, then moving to 104.3/WOMC).

So I didn't have a terrible education...it was just delayed.

Comment

Arcade Fire: "Reflektor"

One of those albums that sucks at first, but gets better the more you listen to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X