X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Can you get it on Tunein? Heck KKBJ in Bemidji is on Tunein!
    I know you can get it on iHeartRadio. Only way I could get it in my apt.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I know you can get it on iHeartRadio. Only way I could get it in my apt.
      The other streaming app. TuneIn is the indispensable app on my 'droid.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        The other streaming app. TuneIn is the indispensable app on my 'droid.
        Never really branched out from iHeart on the Kindle. Liked listening to the local morning shows from MPLS on road trips.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Current obsession.

I wish I could live like that.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Dusted off "Full Collapse" by Thursday. I received that for my 21st birthday and forgot I had it.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Listening to the Church album. I'm only a few songs in and I love it. Not very produced, real music. The best way to describe it is like Sinners Like Me, but much more soulsy. Not much resemblance at all to The Outsiders. Highly recommend.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Always been a big fan of Concrete Blonde. Napolitano can belt out a tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AqbiBm__YY
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

All hail the darkness, in her majestic glory.
                  She was always my true love, I never quite belonged here.

Though I've fallen so far from grace
                  Please will you keep me in your memory.

And a little place for me in your hearts.
                  Eternal soul never die.

I need more Tiger Army albums.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

SRV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs0BdUYY_SQ

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      I have this on CD, which cut some of the TV show's recordings for time, but it's a favorite album of mine. SRV playing with Albert King - link.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I have this on CD, which cut some of the TV show's recordings for time, but it's a favorite album of mine. SRV playing with Albert King - link.
                        Got turned on to SRV when we were living in Las Cruces, NM back in the mid 80's. Got his "station" on Pandora and it's blues guitarist heaven. Joe Bonamassa is another fave of mine. Thx for the King/Vaughn in session link.

Comment

So, based upon a little bit of reading, I'm just learning that there's a "new Soul" movement going on in the music world right now. This makes me happy.

The reason I learned this is because Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats were on Colbert's show last night or Monday, and they caught my attention. Fun stuff - youtube mix list.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

So, based upon a little bit of reading, I'm just learning that there's a "new Soul" movement going on in the music world right now. This makes me happy.

The reason I learned this is because Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats were on Colbert's show last night or Monday, and they caught my attention. Fun stuff - youtube mix list.
                            You are my new friend. Thanks for the heads up.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                              You are my new friend. Thanks for the heads up.
                              I'm excited for the idea that more bands might be bringing in horns, saxes and other instruments that we've not seen much of over the past couple decades. Every now and again a band like Cake would have a trumpet solo, but they were far from the norm.

Comment

I'm excited for the idea that more bands might be bringing in horns, saxes and other instruments that we've not seen much of over the past couple decades. Every now and again a band like Cake would have a trumpet solo, but they were far from the norm.
                                Mrs. P and I have seen Tower of Power a couple of times -- they put on a great show. Can't believe I first heard them in 1972!
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X