This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

I took ballroom dance lessons a few years ago, because women. Regardless of style or song, I was always complimented on my timing. After more than 10 years of playing trumpet in grade school concert band and the Tech pep band, marking time was natural to me, but most people can't hear or count the beat.

Oh, and Pink Floyd sucks. Yeah, sue me. Bloated, boring music for junkies. "Money" and "Wish You Were Here" are the only Floyd songs I can sort of appreciate sober. Everything else, *snore*

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I took ballroom dance lessons a few years ago, because women. Regardless of style or song, I was always complimented on my timing. After more than 10 years of playing trumpet in grade school concert band and the Tech pep band, marking time was natural to me, but most people can't hear or count the beat.

Oh, and Pink Floyd sucks. Yeah, sue me. Bloated, boring music for junkies. "Money" and "Wish You Were Here" are the only Floyd songs I can sort of appreciate sober. Everything else, *snore*
      The Animals album was awesome. And I don't partake in the green.

As for dancing, I can fake my way through swing no problem. And can sorta breakdance/pop'n'lock. Polka is a given, since I grew up in MN.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        The Animals album was awesome. And I don't partake in the green.
        I thought it was understood that "junkie" implies heroin unless specified.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I thought it was understood that "junkie" implies heroin unless specified.
          Floyd is all about the Mary or the Molly. Heroin is not the culture concerning this group.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Saw The Red Hot Chili Pipers this weekebd. Fun group if you like bagpipes

Comment

I have officially been sold on Reverend Horton Heat.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Heh. I saw them years ago opening for an opening band at First Ave in Mpls. They were decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  I've seen them live several times, including one memorable (foggy is probably more apt) night during the now vacated Gophers BB run to the Final Four in which several of us had to break into our buddies house to get the after party started, and I woke up the next day in a RHH t-shirt I didn't remember buying. That was also at 1st Ave.

Comment

"I Am the Movie"- Motion City Soundtrack

A favorite of mine.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

While in Minneapolis- St. Paul, I am riding with my hostess. Found a station that plays nothing but classic hip-hop, and heard ODB's "I Got Your Money" today. I haven't heard that song since senior year of high school (2000).
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        While in Minneapolis- St. Paul, I am riding with my hostess. Found a station that plays nothing but classic hip-hop, and heard ODB's "I Got Your Money" today. I haven't heard that song since senior year of high school (2000).
                        Hot 102.5, IIRC. Great station, but very weak signal.

Comment

We don't have anything like that in Muskegon.

As for tonight, random mixes. Songs such as "California Love" by 2Pac, "Yeah!" by Usher, "Let's Go" by Lil Jon, "Welcome to Detroit" by Trick Trick, "Lose Yourself" by Eminem, and "Space Jam" by Quad City DJs.

Comment

Somehow I've never noticed the music thread. Saw Brick + Mortar last weekend, they are fantastic live.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              We don't have anything like that in Muskegon.

As for tonight, random mixes. Songs such as "California Love" by 2Pac, "Yeah!" by Usher, "Let's Go" by Lil Jon, "Welcome to Detroit" by Trick Trick, "Lose Yourself" by Eminem, and "Space Jam" by Quad City DJs.
                              It's fairly new. Popped up late summer. The format in general has tried before (rap/R&B) and every station would last a few months, MAYBE a year or two, then turn into a country/classic rock station.

Comment

Can you get it on Tunein? Heck KKBJ in Bemidji is on Tunein!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X