This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Pandora question: if you thumbs down a song, does it remove the song from rotation on just that station, or from all stations? (There are songs that I like fine but which I don't think fit in particular stations.)
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Good question and I'm not sure of the answer. Sometimes I just skip a song I'm not in the mood for rather than down vote it just in case.

The one thing that bothers me is the occasional random song that - despite rating thousands of songs positively that don't match and down voting at least a few dozen that do - has no business cropping up while listening.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Leon Bridges, Coming Home. The guy is 25yo and he's recording Sould and R&B in the style from the 1960s. I've only had one listen to it, so I'll have to give it some more time to get a really good feel, but the kid's done well by the style.
        This sounded like something I'd like, so I checked him out. Realized I'd heard "Coming Home" on the radio a lot (and more recently, Smooth Sailin), but didn't know who it was. Definitely picking up the whole album. Thanks for mentioning it.
        Last edited by jen; 08-29-2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

This is just a haunting version of Come As You Are by Civil Twilight. I'd heard it once a couple years ago and then just heard it again for the first time since then a couple days ago. It's part of a 20-year anniversary CD of the release of Nevermind. The rest of the album just doesn't do it for me, but this one track is really good.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Interpol- "Our Love to Admire"

Solid album.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Interpol- "Our Love to Admire"

Solid album.
              I really enjoy it too. The wonks were upset they didn't repeat TOTBL or even Antics but I didn't mind the slight progression.

Comment

The National: Boxer

"We'll stay inside til somebody finds us
                Do whatever the TV tells us
                Stay inside our rosy-minded fuzz for days..."
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  I really enjoy it too. The wonks were upset they didn't repeat TOTBL or even Antics but I didn't mind the slight progression.
                  Listening to it again because I don't think I gave it enough credit the first few listens.

Comment

Also been listening to a mix CD with such songs as "A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When the Stripper is Crying" by the Bloodhound Gang.

"Who knew missing children could be so sexy? Did I say that out loud?"

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Also been listening to a mix CD with such songs as "A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When the Stripper is Crying" by the Bloodhound Gang.

"Who knew missing children could be so sexy? Did I say that out loud?"
                      If you like tasteless, check out "Friggin' In The Riggin" by the Sex Pistols.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Not bad for a guy who says he doesn't read music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPkQn5nDTZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFCVwQNHVQ
                        WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Originally posted by fritz View Post
                          Coincidentally, the Beatles didn't know how to read sheet music either.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I can read sheet music, and I still can't play guitar for sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I can read sheet music, and I still can't play guitar for sh*t.
                              I am not coordinated enough to play guitar.

Comment

Took a guitar class in college, and my teacher was pitch perfect (I think that's the term). He could hear the ringing of a phone, and tell you what key it was/etc. Hear a song? Within a couple minutes, he had the tablature written down for me to learn. Alas, I didn't have the patience to learn, in the long run. I did learn a few basic songs (Uncle John's Band by the Dead, all the acoustic songs on GNR Lies, and some Floyd songs) but that's about it.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X