This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Dandy Warhols - It's a Fast Driving Rave Up. One of the coolest songs start to finish ever.

One of the few bands that could match The Warhols for coolness is Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

BRMC: Love Burns

Interestingly enough Michael Been of The Call is the father of Robert Been of BRMC. The Call was one of my favorite 80's alt bands and also in my Christian Rock catalog. If you listened to music then you know this song:

"I Still Believe" by The Call and Everywhere I Go

But their best song is "Oklahoma"

And finally let's finish with: The Brian Jonestown Massacre. Oh my!
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-20-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I still miss David Bowie: Heroes

Comment

I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Comment

The Dandy's are awesome.

I know most of y'all don't like or are jaded towards U2, but scored floor tix for one of the Soldier Field shows this summer and gonna take the 18yo son.

He likes U2 a lot - which is unusual not only for his main taste in music but also for his age group.

Me and the mini me? On the floor working our way up? Yeah... gonna be a blast.

And that doesn't even take into account that U2 was the first rock concert I went to on the J-Tree tour in 87 and now they are touring it again. Full circle and all that and the boy is 18 which is how old I was in 87.

Cash grab? Sure, here's some of mine.

Just entertain me *****es!

And they will. They always deliver.

Comment

Also taking the boy to Roger Waters.

Yeah... I'm that great.

Comment

You sonofa *****! Very jealous on both accounts. I don't see Roger booked for Manila but U2 is supposed to come here. Please, please!

I still enjoy U2 to this day and think Songs of Innocence is a wonderful album. I still remember waiting in line for more than a day to buy tickets at the Dayton's ticket office on Hennepin for Joshua Tree. We went both nights - one night with my gf and the next with buddies.

Comment

If this don't get your toes to tappin'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nBvcAVQtJ0
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  You sonofa *****! Very jealous on both accounts. I don't see Roger booked for Manila but U2 is supposed to come here. Please, please!

I still enjoy U2 to this day and think Songs of Innocence is a wonderful album. I still remember waiting in line for more than a day to buy tickets at the Dayton's ticket office on Hennepin for Joshua Tree. We went both nights - one night with my gf and the next with buddies.

And I'd trade it to get to live in the tropics. So there's that...

I got shut out for the April 87 U2 show at Rosemont, so my buddies and I partied overnight in the lot outside a record store/ticket outlet for the fall 87 tour and got tix for 2 shows.

Think about it every time I drive by that nondescript strip mall in Naperville, IL.

Comment

Listening to Audioslave in the car, and then it dawned on me. I have Audioslave, but no Rage Against the Machine, no Soundgarden, and nothing from Chris Cornell's solo career.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Listening to Audioslave in the car, and then it dawned on me. I have Audioslave, but no Rage Against the Machine, no Soundgarden, and nothing from Chris Cornell's solo career.
                      Wha?

I was a latecomer to Rage and Soundgarden, I grew to like them, but they are awesome.

Related: Johnny Cash's "Rusty Cage" cover is friggin' sweet.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Wha?

I was a latecomer to Rage and Soundgarden, I grew to like them, but they are awesome.

Related: Johnny Cash's "Rusty Cage" cover is friggin' sweet.
                        I know. I need to fix that. Also, Prophets of Rage, the new super group with Chuck D and Rage Against the Machine, if they release an album, I definitely want to buy it.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I know. I need to fix that. Also, Prophets of Rage, the new super group with Chuck D and Rage Against the Machine, if they release an album, I definitely want to buy it.
                          Well, yeah, duh. I mean, Chuck D!

Sorta related: As much as I loved my Jeep Wrangler, the speaker setup was not ideal. I'm not one to trick out my speakers in a vehicle. My new Camaro? That thing bumps and rocks. The one song, due to complexity of sound, use of stereo, bass, etc I played was "Are You Going My Way" by Lenny Kravitz. Dayummm.....it was lit. I am one happy camper.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

For Soundgarden, I would start with Superunknown and divide into two camps. If you like the heavier stuff from that album, work backward to Badmotorfinger, Louder than Love, and Ultramega OK. If you prefer the lighter, more "prog pop" type stuff, move forward to Down on the Upside and King Animal.

For Cornell solo, I tend to get picky and choosy. "Seasons" is my favorite, but he also does (IMO) the best cover of "Billie Jean" out there. "Two Drink Minimum" is good as well.

Comment

Wow! I really enjoy the first Audioslave album, 2nd is good, 3rd kinda meh. Soundgarden however is a different beast entirely. I don't think you can go wrong with anything in their catalog and I'd second what Fadetoblack&gold said.

I'm a newcomer to RATM in the year 2017...I didn't like their sound when they were current but now? Holy **** was I wrong, Tom Morello is a hell of a creative guitar player and the rest of the band are great as well, they really know how to lay a foundation (rhythm section) and let the singer and guitarist do their respective things...great stuff
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Wow! I really enjoy the first Audioslave album, 2nd is good, 3rd kinda meh. Soundgarden however is a different beast entirely. I don't think you can go wrong with anything in their catalog and I'd second what Fadetoblack&gold said.

I'm a newcomer to RATM in the year 2017...I didn't like their sound when they were current but now? Holy **** was I wrong, Tom Morello is a hell of a creative guitar player and the rest of the band are great as well, they really know how to lay a foundation (rhythm section) and let the singer and guitarist do their respective things...great stuff
                                Do some searching, Morello has a lot of clips where he breaks down how he does what he does. Very interesting. An example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxeBzXVm67o

Comment

Working...
                                X