Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
    Jessica Simpson - These Boots are Made for Walkin - Nancy Sinatra
    Avril Lavigne - Imagine - John Lennon
    Miley Cyrus - Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
    Britney Spears - I love Rock N Roll - Joan Jett
    Korn - Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd
    Hillary Duff - My Generation - The Who
    Tom Jones - Kiss - Prince
    Limp Bizkit - Faith - George Michael (which coincidentally leads to)

What might possibly be the worst cover ever (unless you live in a cave and neer heard the original):
    George Michael - True Faith - New Order
    On the worst list I'd put Cascada - Because The Night and t.a.t.u. - How Soon Is Now.

Best list I'd add The Clash - Police On My Back.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Nope, it's the Limp Bizkit Behind Blue Eyes. He couldn't even be bothered to learn what the lyrics actually were.

"But my dreams, they are descending".

Wha????????
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Nickelback did a lousy cover of Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting. Then again, anything Nickelback does will end up on a "worst of" list.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Nope, it's the Limp Bizkit Behind Blue Eyes. He couldn't even be bothered to learn what the lyrics actually were.

"But my dreams, they are descending".

Wha????????
          As his conscience seems to be, indeed.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Listening to Quuen's GH in the car. I thought back to the day when I was 9 and my best friend called me and said, "Come over I have your birthday present!" It was News of the World on vinyl, a Friday night and 2 days before I turned 10.

I bet we listened to the whole thing 2 or 3 times straight before his mom told us to get outside. Indian Summer was in full force still so she wanted us to enjoy what was left. After dinner we went back to his room and listened again and again until we fell asleep.

Although from a different record it gave me great pride during that car ride to hear the boys singing Fat Bottomed Girls word for word.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Listening to Quuen's GH in the car. I thought back to the day when I was 9 and my best friend called me and said, "Come over I have your birthday present!" It was News of the World on vinyl, a Friday night and 2 days before I turned 10.

I bet we listened to the whole thing 2 or 3 times straight before his mom told us to get outside. Indian Summer was in full force still so she wanted us to enjoy what was left. After dinner we went back to his room and listened again and again until we fell asleep.

Although from a different record it gave me great pride during that car ride to hear the boys singing Fat Bottomed Girls word for word.
              You did good. One of my favorite songs by them.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Nickelback did a lousy cover of Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting. Then again, anything Nickelback does will end up on a "worst of" list.
                I love that song, and Nickelback ruined it. I was especially salty about that cover when it briefly replaced the HNIC theme on CBC after the debacle where they lost the rights to the classic.

I liked the Weird Al version:

"Jurassic Park is frightening in the dark/all the dinosaurs are running wild"
                A rare instance of a parody being less lyrically ridiculous than the original song.
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-02-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I love that song, and Nickelback ruined it. I was especially salty about that cover when it briefly replaced the HNIC theme on CBC after the debacle where they lost the rights to the classic.
                  Nickelback walks into a bar. There's no punchline because ruining music isn't funny./meme
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Some 1990s rap, including:

"It Was a Good Day"- Ice Cube
                    "The Crossroads"- Bone Thugs N Harmony
                    "Regulate"- Warren G and Nate Dogg

Comment

"Keep the Faith" - Bon Jovi

It's his best song, by far. And it's gotten me through this entire stupid project.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        "Keep the Faith" - Bon Jovi

It's his best song, by far. And it's gotten me through this entire stupid project.
                        Good song, relatively, but man, I have a soft spot for Bad Medicine and Living On A Prayer.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Good song, relatively, but man, I have a soft spot for Bad Medicine and Living On A Prayer.
                          It's the rhythm and base line that make the song. And also allowed him to survive grunge.

Comment

Dead Milkmen- "Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance to Anything)"

I have "B-tching Camaro," "Punk Rock Girl," and the above, and I like what I've heard.

Comment

Dead Milkmen- "Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance to Anything)"

I have "B-tching Camaro," "Punk Rock Girl," and the above, and I like what I've heard.
                              Their album Beelzebubba is a fave of mine. "Stuart" is a classic nutzo "song."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Their album Beelzebubba is a fave of mine. "Stuart" is a classic nutzo "song."
                                Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Working...
                                X