This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

I woke up this morning with an OUTLAW jones, ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-2n2KcVs4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF9jubKjVAk
    WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

I'm trying to see what others see in Velvet Underground so today I gave White Light/White Heat a go...It just wasn't doing it for me

Any VU fans here? What's the entry point for this band? So many bands I love reference them as an inspiration I feel like I should be able to get into them but thusfar I've been unmoved
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• "Ohio" by Over the Rhine. Slap Shot was the third person to recommend this one.

"Angels Fall First" by Nightwish. They're from Finland, and it's very good. Heavy metal with an opera singer on lead vocals.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Just got back from seeing Voivod tonight. Gd were they impressive. If metal/thrash/prog is your thing do yourselves a favor and check em out. They did an excellent job of mixing new and older material.

Hard to believe it's been 25 years since they headlined a tour with Soundgarden and Faith No More as openers

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            "Ohio" by Over the Rhine. Slap Shot was the third person to recommend this one.
            Instantly liked it from the opening piano of "B.P.D." Will have to get more from them.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Instantly liked it from the opening piano of "B.P.D." Will have to get more from them.
              My favorite is Eve although it's a completely different sounding album. Films for Radio and The Trumpet child are a bit closer to Ohio and also very nice pieces. Till We Have Faces is ok and haven't heard the others.

Comment

Did anybody else see the Foo Fighters' video they released to squash breakup rumors? Funny guys... bad actors.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Rockamovya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyL0...M&spfreload=10

New discovery for me as I stumbled upon it trying to kill an iTunes card.

I've listened to it probably 6 or 7 times since Monday.

Easily one of my favorite roots reggae albums of all time. Not afraid to proclaim that this early. Can't get enough of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Rockamovya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyL0...M&spfreload=10

New discovery for me as I stumbled upon it trying to kill an iTunes card.

I've listened to it probably 6 or 7 times since Monday.

Easily one of my favorite roots reggae albums of all time. Not afraid to proclaim that this early. Can't get enough of it.
                    I like some reggae but haven't heard of this, I'll have to check it out.

Just purchased the new Kendrick Lamar lp and Chris Cornell's most recent solo album...so far so good.

Comment

12 inches of Snow

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        12 inches of Snow
                        So, for the lulz?

I hope for the lulz.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Less than a month till David Gilmour at the United Center.

Starting to binge on all things Floyd.

Right now, finishing up Shine On Live, which I believe is the audio rip from their late 80s concert film (laser disc... remember those? ).

We have a great room with a high ceiling and speakers in each corner. Pretty freaking fun to listen to concerts in.

Comment

9/17/94 Modena Italy

Wonderful audience recording. Full bass and clear high end with minimal audience chatter - which is a miracle considering the typical boisterous Italian crowd on most other auds I have from that country.

So good...

Just happened to also be the day I got married. Considering the time difference, our ceremony may have been during the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              So, for the lulz?

I hope for the lulz.
                              Pretty sure he's referring to the Canadian reggae artist Snow...?

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Pretty sure he's referring to the Canadian reggae artist Snow...?
                                Yep.

It's dated, but there are some good tracks on there.

Always found it curious that he was categorized as reggae.

More Dancehall/Old School, but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X