Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        To each their own.
        False! Pearl Jam is the best evar.

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Wrong!!

You're thinking of The Dead.
          I've had this said to me: "Wait, you DON'T do drugs and STILL like the Dead?!"
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            According to this thread, The Replacements and Interpol are the two greatest bands of all time.

Well, that's half right.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
              Snow Patrol - Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool
              Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Circle
              Blues Traveler - 100 Years

Comment

Feeling nostalgic for some pop:

The Connells: Get A Gun
                The Las - There She Goes
                James - Laid

Comment

Get a Gun is an amazing song. What a vocal on that one.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Feeling nostalgic for some pop:
                    James - Laid
                    Good choice - haven't heard this album in a year or more.

Really underrated band and this album is great front to back.

Great balance of moody, psychedelic, atmospheric and upbeat.

Comment

Going to see them in a few weeks, can't wait.

In my car this morning, Silversun Pickups, Atlas Genius, Phantogram, Alt-J

Comment

Snow Patrol - Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool
                        Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Circle
                        Blues Traveler - 100 Years
                        The Silversun Pickups video had a link to a Smashing Pumpkins live performance that had been recorded within the last couple years - didn't see the exact date.

Billy Corgan's (or however his name's spelled) lyrics and voice really don't fit his appearance. He looks like an old man, singing a young person's complaint song.

ETA: You know, complaint isn't the right word. Emotional distress at how the world doesn't quite work for him, maybe that would be a more concise way of putting it.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          The Silversun Pickups video had a link to a Smashing Pumpkins live performance that had been recorded within the last couple years - didn't see the exact date.

Billy Corgan's (or however his name's spelled) lyrics and voice really don't fit his appearance. He looks like an old man, singing a young person's complaint song.

ETA: You know, complaint isn't the right word. Emotional distress at how the world doesn't quite work for him, maybe that would be a more concise way of putting it.

I always thought of it as white suburban teenage angst.

He's my age and grew up in a similar suburb of Chicago. First 3 or 4 albums nailed my teenaged childhood in so many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I saw Corgan being interviewed recently (by recently it might have been 2 years ago my memory sucks) with his at the time new Pumpkins ensemble and irrc they were all female 20-somethings. It looked really forced if not creepy.

Somewhat unrelated but funny enough to reference: Donald Trump's Speeches As An Early 2000s Emo Song

Comment

Steel Panther #4, Lower the Bar dropped last week. The last one, All You Can Eat, grew on me a fair bit after some initially lukewarm thoughts.

Overall, a bit of a departure from their usual over-the-top lyrics. The first 5 tracks are what you expect, plus the cover of "She's Tight" is solid and right up their alley, and "Pu55y Ain't Free" is an instantly relatable fan favorite for their male base . However, I'm left scratching my head at "Now the Fun Starts" and "Momentary Epiphany" - are these supposed to be sarcastic jabs at cautionary drug songs (like "18 and Life" or "Wasted Time"), or are they really trying to get serious now? Neither of these songs is anything like the comedic and awesome "I Like Drugs" from Balls Out.

Comment

Rewatched some of Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix tonight. Still mesmerized by it. Such an amazing doc.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X