X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Radiohead's ninth album comes out Sunday. Can't wait!
    I REALLY like the Burn The Witch song they released a few days ago. I haven't been this excited about a Radiohead release since Hail To The Thief to be honest. I can't wait to hear the rest of this new LP
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Pink Floyd - 9/21/87 Toronto

Echoes opener. They would only do this song as PF for another couple of shows (9/25) before it would be scrapped in favor of SOYCD for the rest the tour.

Not sure why as I've always thought the Momentary Lapse Tour versions of Echoes were on point although I think it would have been a better first set closer than opener.

Gilmour would not play it live again (afaik) until his 06 solo tour.

Comment

Quick thought on A Moon Shaped Pool. Nice soundtrack to an unwritten movie script, but no crescendo's and no hooks. Pastoral. I enjoyed it on first run through but cannot remember one verse, and if there are chorus' I don't recall them. So...good yet forgettable.

I listened to The King Of Limbs immediately afterword and feel that's a better record overall...

... The Radiohead that wrote OK Computer is never coming back so I'll stop hoping for a return to form

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Quick thought on A Moon Shaped Pool. Nice soundtrack to an unwritten movie script, but no crescendo's and no hooks. Pastoral. I enjoyed it on first run through but cannot remember one verse, and if there are chorus' I don't recall them. So...good yet forgettable.

I listened to The King Of Limbs immediately afterword and feel that's a better record overall...

... The Radiohead that wrote OK Computer is never coming back so I'll stop hoping for a return to form
          Thanks. I'll still buy the album, but now I'm in no hurry.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood live at MSG. YES PLEASE.

http://youtu.be/cbr0Fkg-3-o
            Last edited by Slap Shot; 05-10-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Thanks. I'll still buy the album, but now I'm in no hurry.
              I didn't mean to bum anyone out. I think I like the album because it's lush/pretty but it's also almost linear sounding to my ears. I mean I don't need hooks all the time but maybe just one or two catchy bits and I'd have found an easier time with it. I want to love this record and I'm sort of exasperated by the challenge which is unusual for me... I'll give it more time to grow

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                I didn't mean to bum anyone out. I think I like the album because it's lush/pretty but it's also almost linear sounding to my ears. I mean I don't need hooks all the time but maybe just one or two catchy bits and I'd have found an easier time with it. I want to love this record and I'm sort of exasperated by the challenge which is unusual for me... I'll give it more time to grow
                So it's a "grower?" I understand. Arcade Fire's "Reflektor" was a similar album for me.

As for tonight... Margot and the Nuclear So and So's. "Animal," which is what their label wanted, and "Not Animal," which is what the band wanted to release.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  So it's a "grower?" I understand. Arcade Fire's "Reflektor" was a similar album for me.

As for tonight... Margot and the Nuclear So and So's. "Animal," which is what their label wanted, and "Not Animal," which is what the band wanted to release.
                  It's definitely growing on me. I guess I was put off by how linear most of the songs are but I'm giving more and more spins.

Reflektor is the only Arcade Fire LP I don't have, in part because I didn't like what I heard when they were on SNL (I think it was SNL)...how does it measure up to Neon Bible or The Suburbs?

Comment

@pgammo: Buried Treasure Factoid:after the Beatles, biggest selling British artists were Herman's Hermits
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      @pgammo: Buried Treasure Factoid:after the Beatles, biggest selling British artists were Herman's Hermits
                      And then the group was beheaded by King Henry's ghost.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Hmm:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ts_of_all_time

Comment

It was probably for the month of August 1965, or something like that. Regardless, it's not like it matters.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Hey c'mon now. This is a great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRvcIj3XzU8
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Hey c'mon now. This is a great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRvcIj3XzU8
                              Their only good song, unfortunately. The rest are ear-worms.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                It's definitely growing on me. I guess I was put off by how linear most of the songs are but I'm giving more and more spins.

Reflektor is the only Arcade Fire LP I don't have, in part because I didn't like what I heard when they were on SNL (I think it was SNL)...how does it measure up to Neon Bible or The Suburbs?
                                Reflektor is basically 80 minutes of songs like "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)" on the Suburbs. I have it playing in the car right now, and it's excellent driving music. If I had to rank the Arcade Fire albums, it would go like this:

1. The Suburbs
                                2. Neon Bible
                                3. Reflektor
                                4. Funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X