This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

It's Christmas, but I'm not listening to Christmas music. Instead...

Keane- "Under the Iron Sea"
    Arcade Fire- "Reflektor"
    Amy Winehouse- "Back to Black"
    She Wants Revenge- self-titled
    The National- self-titled
    Cloud Cult- "Love"
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

"Plans"- Death Cab
      "Codes and Keys"- Death Cab
      "Origin of Symmetry"- Muse
      "This is Forever"- She Wants Revenge
      "Valleyheart"- She Wants Revenge
      "Boxer"- The National
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I ran to Muse today. It's easy to run up a hill multiple times hearing the live version of "Newborn."

Comment

Radiohead- "Hail to the Thief"
          Radiohead- "Kid A"
          Radiohead- "In Rainbows"
          Fireflight- "Unbreakable"
          Fireflight- "For Those Who Wait"
          Oasis- "Definitely Maybe"

And in the car, I was driving today with "The Next Episode" by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg playing at high volume.

Comment

The Garden State Soundtrack. Kind of a "who's who" in indie music for the year 2004.

Comment

Hendrix, Electric Ladyland
              The Cult, Love
              Metallica, Master of Puppets
              The Doors, Strange Days
              David Lee Roth, Eat 'Em and Smile

Comment

My dad told me that my music was "too loud" and "it was garbage."

Just like his parents told him. I will probably tell my probable future kids the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  My dad told me that my music was "too loud" and "it was garbage."

Just like his parents told him. I will probably tell my probable future kids the same thing.
                  We're so loud and, incoherent!
                  Boy this oughta, bug your parents!
                  Yeah!

Comment

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Remember seeing something somewhere, that said:

Just think, at some point in time, someone's great-grandparents, in their 80s or 90s, are gonna be boppin' to some gangsta rap or headbanging to some speed metal. And that person will be so confused.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Just think, at some point in time, someone's great-grandparents, in their 80s or 90s, are gonna be boppin' to some gangsta rap or headbanging to some speed metal. And that person will be so confused.
                      I was never a Britney Spears fan, but I remember as far back as 2000 or so, my peers joking about her being played on the oldies station in 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I was never a Britney Spears fan, but I remember as far back as 2000 or so, my peers joking about her being played on the oldies station in 30 years.
                        Christ, I'm just getting used to hearing GNR on the classic rock stations around here...

Also a peeve of mine: no stations play what we call "oldies" (Elvis, Beach Boys, Buddy Holly, etc). One station held out until a couple years ago, now they are like your standard classic rock station. It sucks.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Remember seeing something somewhere, that said:

My brother's MIL is in her 60s, not sure of her exact age, but she was talking about how she's walking around, jamming to Jimi Hendrix and the Beatles' more psychedelic albums on her iPhone. She's a fun lady with good taste in music.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            My brother's MIL is in her 60s, not sure of her exact age, but she was talking about how she's walking around, jamming to Jimi Hendrix and the Beatles' more psychedelic albums on her iPhone. She's a fun lady with good taste in music.
                            My mom is now in her late 60s, and likes AC/DC, GNR, and some Metallica. She appreciates Wu Tang's talent, but she says it is not her style. Really likes Prince's older stuff.

Comment

Christ, I'm just getting used to hearing GNR on the classic rock stations around here...

Also a peeve of mine: no stations play what we call "oldies" (Elvis, Beach Boys, Buddy Holly, etc). One station held out until a couple years ago, now they are like your standard classic rock station. It sucks.
                              When I was a kid, we had 104.3 WOMC - they played late 50s to early 70s, until about 2007 or so. Then they switched to a mostly 70s/early 80s "Classic Hits" format. As far as I can tell, this is now considered the "golden oldies" format and no one plays true golden oldies anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                When I was a kid, we had 104.3 WOMC - they played late 50s to early 70s, until about 2007 or so. Then they switched to a mostly 70s/early 80s "Classic Hits" format. As far as I can tell, this is now considered the "golden oldies" format and no one plays true golden oldies anymore.
                                That's about right. It was KOOL108 here. Such a shame. At least there's stuff like iHeart/etc to get my fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X