X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Europe: The Final Countdown

One of those songs that is awesomely bad.

Also, I will have the opening synthesizer running through my head all day.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Good band, great video.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Depeche Mode: Enjoy The Silence

Easily top 5 favorite song of mine, and the lyrics are something I apply in every day life.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          the lyrics are something I apply in every day life.
          I know what you mean.

Let me see you
          Stripped down to the bone
          Let me hear you crying
          Just for me
          Oh. Different song.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I've been listening to a solid mix of Portishead, Mazzy Star, and Massive Attack to help wind down at the end of a long day. Any similar artists I can add to this mix?

Comment

Love these guys and very glad to see them with a GOG2 credit. That should pay for their next 1,000 great videos.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-27-2017, 10:16 PM.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                I've been listening to a solid mix of Portishead, Mazzy Star, and Massive Attack to help wind down at the end of a long day. Any similar artists I can add to this mix?
                Morcheeba, Air, Sneaker Pimps, Bjork, Everything But The Girl, Flunk, Zero 7...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Morcheeba, Air, Sneaker Pimps, Bjork, Everything But The Girl, Flunk, Zero 7...
                  I will check those out. I do remember "Six Underground" from the 1990s and "In The Waiting Line" off the Garden State Soundtrack.

Comment

The Church - Starfish (entire album)

Comment

Not music per se, but the means to hear the music.

Wanted to pick up an inexpensive amp to power my speakers out of my computer. Was thinking of getting a cheap NAD integrated, but every youtube clip I heard of it, and then an in-person audition, left me underwhelmed. Just sounded dark and closed in, the high end seemed strangled. And doing more searching, and watching youtube clips, got me interested in the NAD 3020, from the late 70's/early 80's. Every clip I heard of it, it sounded far more musical and appealing than it's modern equivalent.

I'm sure I must have run across this back when I was in college, spent some time in stereo shops back then with one of my buddies, but back then, I wrote NAD off based on just looks alone. Fugly and plain. But now? I kinda like it. The basis of many a college student's first high-end system back in the day, it's probably the biggest selling amp of all-time. So I kept an eye out on ebay, and finally scored one. And it does sound amazing. Been watching various youtube clips all day. Can certainly understand the appeal these had. Apparently paid more than what they went for brand new nearly 40 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAD_3020
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Grieving after having to put Charlie the Wondercat to sleep today...

Mazzy Star: Into Dust
                        Gary Allan: Life Ain't Always Beautiful
                        Eric Clapton: Tears in Heaven
                        Sarah McLachlan: Angel
                        Jeff Buckley: Hallelujah
                        Green Day: Wake Me Up When September Ends
                        Massive Attack: Teardrop

Comment

Popped in "Gabba Gabba Hey" (Tribute to Ramones, indie CD) and reminded of this gem. I mean, sh*, you're playing FASTER than the Ramones? And make it sound good? I'm a fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CARLXXZv6NY
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So popped the new old amp into the main system today just to check it out and listened to two wonderfully created and performed albums(yes, vinyl records)

All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes-Pete Townshend

Goodbye Jumbo-World Party.

Both sonically dense and well-recorded albums, and beautiful sounding. The new amp doesn't have quite the heft and authority of my pre-amp/amplifier combo, but it's not that far off either, considering it's almost 40 years old, and how little it cost. Doesn't go as deep into the bass, and the highs may be a bit soft(which is preferable to the overly harsh and aggressive sound seen so often today) but the midrange is sweet and clear, and tonally it's to die for. For what it is, it just does everything right. Now if I could just get rid of that scratchy volume pot.

It just doesn't get much lovelier than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJcop92PPT0

Comment

Oh, and I watched my copy of The Lake House recently(bite me, ok? It's a great movie) And I am absolutely obsessed with this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGekjZd5LPk

Comment

Roger Waters - 5/28/17 Louisville

Roger and band sound great.

Looking forward to seeing this in July - possibly twice... Milwaukee and one night in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                                X