Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet X: I knew it, I'm surrounded by a-holes!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Yeah, that's why noone attacks almighty Switzerland.
    I agree with my compatriot from Troy. You can bank on it!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet X: I knew it, I'm surrounded by a-holes!

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Yeah, that's why noone attacks almighty Switzerland.
      Read up on Operation Tannenbaum. The armed populace gave Hitler enough of the heebie-jeebies to cancel an invasion.
      Only in Switzerland was the entire populace armed and prepared to wage a relentless guerrilla war against an invader.
      It's a good lesson in a general sense, but the value of the specifics isn't much in the age of nukes and drones.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        The second amendment is the only hope that the citizens of this country have against absolute tyranny. Without it, we are defenceless. Radical emperors have chosen not to attack this country by ground on our soil because they are afraid of the consequences of the second amendment, which the British Empire learned the hard way. This is another reason why no one attacks Switzerland: Every citizen has firearms and knows how to use them.
        Yeah, the British Empire really learned the hard way when they burned down D.C. Or repelled our invasion of Canada.

Or are we talking about Japan in 1941 who had neither the logistical nor military capability to even attempt an invasion?

Or the Nazis, who wanted to keep us out of the war? And didn't have the logistical capabilities to attempt it as well.

But, since we're both Illuminati, we know the real reason.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Read up on Operation Tannenbaum. The armed populace gave Hitler enough of the heebie-jeebies to cancel an invasion.

It's a good lesson in a general sense, but the value of the specifics isn't much in the age of nukes and drones.
          I mean the guy was a tactical genius and everything...

Comment

This is exactly why I was very specific in terms of ground warfare. Aerial attacks, whether by planes flying or ballistics, can still happen. Because flight is heavily regulated for allowance, we do not have as good of a defence there.

Comment

I mean the guy was a tactical genius and everything...
              I don't understand your statement. Is this some awkward way of trying to move the goalposts, or what?
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

I don't understand your statement. Is this some awkward way of trying to move the goalposts, or what?
                More of a troll fail. The assumption that people think he was a tactical genius is based on how many of us see his actions as the inspiration behind the New World Order. Once again, it comes down to the difference between concepts and the execution thereof.

Comment

Are we really gonna argue that Hitler was some tactical genius and him not invading Switzerland because they are all armed has any type of significant meaning re gun rights?

You're right, in today's world of drone strikes, nuclear weapons, and the government having far more advanced weaponry than the average citizen, the whole armed militia thing is pretty darn irrelevant and you'd have to be a total whack job/NRA parrot like Flagdude to buy that line of thinking. But even in that example I'm not sure how significant it is because Hitler made all sorts of dumb decisions and his strategy as a general doesn't really further the point that arming the entire populace is necessarily beneficial. It's like a failed appeal to authority.
                  Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-04-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Yeah, the British Empire really learned the hard way when they burned down D.C. Or repelled our invasion of Canada.

Or are we talking about Japan in 1941 who had neither the logistical nor military capability to even attempt an invasion?

Or the Nazis, who wanted to keep us out of the war? And didn't have the logistical capabilities to attempt it as well.

But, since we're both Illuminati, we know the real reason.
                    We burned down York (Toronto) first.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      We burned down York (Toronto) first.
                      I didn't know that. I thought we just got our butts kicked outside of Quebec City.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I didn't know that. I thought we just got our butts kicked outside of Quebec City.
                        Even the Canadians admit it.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Fort York and the town were poorly defended. From our side, the sacking of the White House was a bigger deal and more embarrassing to your side.

Kep......the Battle of Queenston Heights and the debacle that was Smythe's incursion across the Niagara River were seminal events for Upper Canada and Britain. One of many campaign victories for our side.
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Are we really gonna argue that Hitler was some tactical genius
                            I'm certainly not. You're the one that brought it up.
                            Are you trying to say that if he had been a "tactical genius" that he would have gone after Switzerland regardless of the cost? And the only reason he didn't invade was that he was foolish? Why?
                            Anyway, I wasn't really here to debate Hitler's level of "tactical genius." My point was that the armed citizens of Switzerland may have prevented an invasion of their homeland during WWII by being armed, ready, and willing.

Comment

Hitler was a tactical genius, until he got sick/his ego overtook him/etc.

Good start, horrible endgame.

Said from a very neutral point of view, meaning I never agreed with him, but can see his movements from a neutral standpoint.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Every citizen has firearms and knows how to use them.
                                Incorrect.
                                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X