Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2015-2016

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Just saw a tweet from Badger Women's Hockey that tickets are going on sale for the San Jose games. Looks like tickets are $12 which is an interesting price point. Not sure how much of a draw it is for locals anyway and a relatively high ticket price (for regular season women's college hockey) doesn't bode well for much of a crowd. Maybe I'm wrong about that.
    In California, a $12 ticket is a cheap ticket. If the price was set to $5, it isn't like that would draw a considerably larger crowd. Better to start the price slightly higher, and one can always give away some tickets via promotions if advance sales are lacking.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...091015aab.html

If I'm reading the schedule, looks like there are only two Friday afternoon games for the whole season. One of which is against Lindenwood. Kind of sucks that the other is against UMD to open 2016, but it could be (and has been) worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
        http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...091015aab.html

If I'm reading the schedule, looks like there are only two Friday afternoon games for the whole season. One of which is against Lindenwood. Kind of sucks that the other is against UMD to open 2016, but it could be (and has been) worse.
        Yup. I had figured there'd be one (and maybe two) more than that. Sorry for getting that one wrong.

January 23rd tuns into an interesting day. Friday night the 22nd men's hockey at the KC, Saturday afternoon the 23rd both women's basketball (noon?) at the KC and women''s hockey (2 PM) at LaBahn, and then men's hockey again (8PM?) that night. Two quick switchovers for the KC, and parking conflicts for Sat afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Yup. I had figured there'd be one (and maybe two) more than that. Sorry for getting that one wrong.
          No need to apologize....we're glad you were wrong. My eldest has no school on Fridays for the first semester, maybe we can get to the Lindenwood game. The UMD is during winter break, maybe he and I can get to that one too. Then I'm just eating 1 kid tickets for 2 games, not too bad. 4 weeks to OSU, that will be here before we know it.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The Badgers picked up a commitment Sunday from a 99 D, Nicole LaMantia from the Chicago Mission system, U19. I have not been able to glean much info off the interweb other than she has participated in U18, 15 and 14 yr old USA development camps. Her Bro plays for MI St. Being a 99, I'm assuming she's 2017 recruit? Other 2017's are Natalie Buchbinder - D, Grace Bowlby - D, Kyleigh Hanzik - F, Delaney Drake - F and Kaitlyn Schneider - F. Other player commits are from CollegeCommitments.com.

Comment

I believe the first official practice for the UW Womens Hockey Team is today! Only 2- 1/2 weeks until opening weekend in San Jose! This should be an exciting season.. It will be interesting to see what the line combo's will be and to see what players and lines gel together early in the season. Defense and goaltending should be very strong and I think that the top 3 forward lines could have a lot of balance. I know I'm ready for this season to start!
              Last edited by rangersrule; 09-15-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

10 days to live hockey, in San Jose anyway. Got the season tix in the mail yesterday, I just walk past them sitting on the dresser and grin from ear to ear. I love this game and I love UW.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  No need to apologize....we're glad you were wrong. My eldest has no school on Fridays for the first semester, maybe we can get to the Lindenwood game. The UMD is during winter break, maybe he and I can get to that one too. Then I'm just eating 1 kid tickets for 2 games, not too bad. 4 weeks to OSU, that will be here before we know it.
                  Another reason for the occasional Friday afternoon game - the UW football game at Nebraska for Oct 10th was just announced to be a 2:30 PM start. So now women's hockey has to go up against UW football on TV.

Would they get a better crowd for a Fri 2 PM game, or a Sat 2 PM up against the football team? Personally, I wish that one had been a Fri game.

Comment

Another reason for the occasional Friday afternoon game - the UW football game at Nebraska for Oct 10th was just announced to be a 2:30 PM start. So now women's hockey has to go up against UW football on TV.

Would they get a better crowd for a Fri 2 PM game, or a Sat 2 PM up against the football team? Personally, I wish that one had been a Fri game.
                    I'd take the Saturday game as I could not attend the Friday aft game, I'd just DVR the fb game. Hockey in less than 1 week.....yeah!

Comment

I don't feel like going back to look at ticket numbers, but I don't recall it being much of a problem the last time it happened. Obviously, the football game will hurt a little, but considering I have class on Friday afternoons this semester, I'd much rather be able to go to the game than not go to the game. It's another road football game on TV that I won't actively watch. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        I don't feel like going back to look at ticket numbers, but I don't recall it being much of a problem the last time it happened. Obviously, the football game will hurt a little, but considering I have class on Friday afternoons this semester, I'd much rather be able to go to the game than not go to the game. It's another road football game on TV that I won't actively watch. No big deal.
                        I simply do not recall that direct a conflict between live at-home hockey and televised football (at least since I became a season ticket holder in 2009). There was a game last year or the year before when there was an 11 AM football kickoff and a 2 PM puck drop when I watched football at State St Brats and then ran over to LaBahn in time for the start of the second period. But as direct a conflict as 2 PM vs 2:30 PM? I don't recall one.

Comment

I simply do not recall that direct a conflict between live at-home hockey and televised football (at least since I became a season ticket holder in 2009). There was a game last year or the year before when there was an 11 AM football kickoff and a 2 PM puck drop when I watched football at State St Brats and then ran over to LaBahn in time for the start of the second period. But as direct a conflict as 2 PM vs 2:30 PM? I don't recall one.
                          Nov 2nd, 2013 - football at Iowa at 11 AM, w hockey home to Ohio State at 2 PM. 1700 for the Saturday hockey game, 1800 for the Sunday game (at noon). (Packers were on Monday Night that weekend.)

Comment

There was at least one in the last couple of years. (I think it was 2013-14.) I remember tracking the game on my phone, and they showed a couple of video updates throughout the game. The football game started before the hockey game, but there was significant overlap.

I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: I found one, and I think this is the one I was thinking of. 2012-13 season, November 24th. Women's hockey played SCSU at home at 2:00. (Attendance was 1767.) Football played at Penn State at 2:30. I remember going to Union South to watch the end of the football game rather than returning to my dorm up in lakeshore. Men's hockey hosted Minnesota State at 7 PM that night.
                            Last edited by WiscDC; 09-29-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

All in all, 1700 is a very good attendance for an afternoon game period.

I saw on Twitter via Nicole Haase that the UW games this weekend can be seen via the interweb for $9.99 each game.
                              Last edited by Timothy A; 09-29-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                All in all, 1700 is a very good attendance for an afternoon game period.

I saw on Twitter via Nicole Haase that the UW games this weekend can be seen via the interweb for $9.99 each game.

Here is the direct link for the women's games VS PC Friday and Saturday ($9.99):

http://www.blackdogenterprises.org/watchNCAA.php.

Comment

Working...
                                X