Wisconsin Badgers 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2015-2016

Nice gesture here by members of your band!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/e...ptimist&wpmm=1
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Nice gesture here by members of your band!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/e...ptimist&wpmm=1
      Hey, when you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

http://catalog.e-digitaleditions.com...atalog-2015-16

Pretty slick looking digital ticket information. Not sure if they have done this before.

Even though season tickets increased, looks like single game seats have stayed the same.

Now we wait for the game times to be set. Hopefully there won't be any Friday mid-afternoon games.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post

Pretty slick looking digital ticket information. Not sure if they have done this before.

Even though season tickets increased, looks like single game seats have stayed the same.

Now we wait for the game times to be set. Hopefully there won't be any Friday mid-afternoon games.
          They've had sites like that for the last few years. It was a different format in previous offseasons, but it's a pretty similar digital ticket advertisement/informational document with some videos.

Comment

Jason King told me and I believe you as well that they will try and avoid those at all costs. Hopefully they can pull it off. I will wait on the season ticket purchase until they release the actual dates. Maybe they could make a marketing deal that for every season ticket you buy for the gals, you get a free 2nd level ticket to a men's game of your choice.

Comment

Hopefully there won't be any Friday mid-afternoon games.
              Nov 20 will almost certainly be one. Men's hockey are at home (against Denver, so little chance of a Thursday night Big Ten Network game), and the football team is at home, so no chance of Sat afternoon game.

Beyond that, there are five (!) other weekends when the men's hockey team are also at home. Without having men's and (especially) women's basketball schedules to compare against, it seems likely that one or two of those will have Sunday parking conflicts such that WH is forced into a Friday afternoon game.

(I don't mind the Friday afternoon games at all, but I understand why others might.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                Nov 20 will almost certainly be one. Men's hockey are at home (against Denver, so little chance of a Thursday night Big Ten Network game), and the football team is at home, so no chance of Sat afternoon game.

Beyond that, there are five (!) other weekends when the men's hockey team are also at home. Without having men's and (especially) women's basketball schedules to compare against, it seems likely that one or two of those will have Sunday parking conflicts such that WH is forced into a Friday afternoon game.

(I don't mind the Friday afternoon games at all, but I understand why others might.)
                Guess I didn't realize that there are six weekends that the men and women both play home series, which is double from last year. In two of those, the women got bumped to 3:00 Friday starts, while the other was a Saturday/Sunday afternoon combo. Hard for me to understand how 2/3 of the women's schedule gets on the same weekend as the men.

What are the main reasons that they wouldn't have both games at the same time? Is there not enough staff and/or zambonis to go around? They don't have a problem scheduling Badger hockey against Badger volleyball down on the other side of campus.

Comment

Guess I didn't realize that there are six weekends that the men and women both play home series, which is double from last year. In two of those, the women got bumped to 3:00 Friday starts, while the other was a Saturday/Sunday afternoon combo. Hard for me to understand how 2/3 of the women's schedule gets on the same weekend as the men.

What are the main reasons that they wouldn't have both games at the same time? Is there not enough staff and/or zambonis to go around? They don't have a problem scheduling Badger hockey against Badger volleyball down on the other side of campus.
                  Staffing, parking around the KC and LaBahn, 'overlap' between the two fan bases who would not be able to attend both games (much less a problem between hockey vs volleyball fan bases - other than me, that is :-). I don't think the number of Zambonis would be a problem per se, but maybe drivers would be; the guy who drives it for women's game also drives for the men's games (and I think is the main "ice guy" for the UW).

Comment

In addition to what robertearle said, my understanding is that in order to get the permits to build LaBahn, UW had to agree to the city's demands that there not be events scheduled simultaneously there and at Kohl.

Comment

I get all those issues, but how does Minnesota figure out a way to avoid Friday afternoon games? Wouldn't they be facing the same issues (minus potential city ordinance)?

Comment

...but how does Minnesota figure out a way to avoid Friday afternoon games?
                        Similar to the band thing. More fans = better atmosphere.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                          In addition to what robertearle said, my understanding is that in order to get the permits to build LaBahn, UW had to agree to the city's demands that there not be events scheduled simultaneously there and at Kohl.
                          Way to go city of Madison, a nice way to screw one of your biggest employers. Freakin Commies.

Comment

I get all those issues, but how does Minnesota figure out a way to avoid Friday afternoon games? Wouldn't they be facing the same issues (minus potential city ordinance)?
                            UM women's hockey games can be scheduled concurrently with anything other than football, so there aren't as many dates/times blacked out.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              Not questioning the accuracy of this, but I have no idea why the city of Madison would care if Kohl and LaBahn are having events at the same time.

I'm also fairly positive that there was a WCHA playoff game played at LaBahn the same time that Kohl was hosting the state wrestling tournament. Outside of having to pay for parking next to arena, I didn't see any crowd issues.

Comment

1. I suspect a somewhat high percentage of Wisconsin women's hockey fans are also fans of the men's team.

2. They use the same parking lots for event parking.

3. I don't know about the ice crew completely, but I'm pretty sure at least some people are the same. I doubt that they couldn't split them up if they had to, though.

4. The volleyball conflicts stink, because...

5. ...I want to go to all of these games. (Also see #1.)

Comment

Working...
                                X