X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Still looking for a goalie to build a team with it seems. If the goal is to build from the goalie out Maine sure doesn't look like it has its guy. I thought Matty played decent Friday but Rob didn't look like much last night. Obvious that the D is porous and UNH has one great line but I didn't see the next coming of Jimmy last night. After this weekend Maine is still along way from competing at a top level. It ain't happening next year either kids
    Pretty much. I also think because of the lack of O once they get down by a couple goals the tending seems to get worse or maybe its a combo of both the D and the tending seem to lose focus. Maybe knowing they don't have the horses to come back? Fri's game was an exception, but if they could hit an open net they could've won that game by 5. It's frustrating because you don't see a solution coming. And the lack of team discipline to stay out of the box is a killer for a team with little talent. That's on the coaching staff IMO.

Comment

It looks as if this coaching staff would do OK with an established program that has resources and recent success to keep on chugging........but I'm not sure they are right for this job where you have to build a program from the ground up without a ton of support.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        It looks as if this coaching staff would do OK with an established program that has resources and recent success to keep on chugging........but I'm not sure they are right for this job where you have to build a program from the ground up without a ton of support.
        2 years and 17 games into the third and NO Progress/Improvement to this date(imo).

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Football is not going anywhere meaning Coz will not allow them to cut the program, ala BU, which a previous poster alluded to.
          Oh, OK, my misunderstanding... But I don't want football to go away. It's been a relative bright spot in Maine athletics for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Oh, OK, my misunderstanding... But I don't want football to go away. It's been a relative bright spot in Maine athletics for a while now.
            When is 3-8 a "bright spot?"

Comment

Still don't understand how the U created a position just for a mediocre football coach. Dunno how he's gonna help the hockey program any

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/12/0...-hard-choices/

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                Still don't understand how the U created a position just for a mediocre football coach. Dunno how he's gonna help the hockey program any

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/12/0...-hard-choices/
                And why is he making 100K when Lynn Coutts is only making 75K and clearly has WAAAYYYY more responsibilities. I'd be pretty pizzed if I were her. It continues to amaze me of the level of incompetence. These people couldn't run a one room school house let alone an entire University.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                  And why is he making 100K when Lynn Coutts is only making 75K and clearly has WAAAYYYY more responsibilities. I'd be pretty pizzed if I were her. It continues to amaze me of the level of incompetence. These people couldn't run a one room school house let alone an entire University.
                  I actually think it was a good move. How much would they have had to pay if they fired him? I bet it was at least $180K. The school desperately needs someone (or a lot of people) to help sell it and he is a good man for the job. Beyond that the school desperately needs more money and I'm sure he will raise far beyond what they are spending on his salary. I think comparing him to Coutts is apples and oranges, completely different roles.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Yeah because giving a mediocre football coach who compiled a below-.500 record a major administrative position is a smart move.

I'll bet Cosgrove doesn't do diddly to help our hockey program out.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                      Yeah because giving a mediocre football coach who compiled a below-.500 record a major administrative position is a smart move.

I'll bet Cosgrove doesn't do diddly to help our hockey program out.....
                      Is it not more important in his new role that he be a good back slapping, hand shaking personable and likeable sob than a good football coach? Perhaps if you ponder it a bit you might come to that same conclusion vs taking a reactionary stand ?
                      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                        Is it not more important in his new role that he be a good back slapping, hand shaking personable and likeable sob than a good football coach? Perhaps if you ponder it a bit you might come to that same conclusion vs taking a reactionary stand ?
                        It simply looks bad. UMaine budget is wrecked and we're buying off a coach we don't want to fire?. I guess its been done before and if he contract years left he could have said I want all my money. He may be a great fund raiser, guess we'll have to wait and see on that
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          It simply looks bad. UMaine budget is wrecked and we're buying off a coach we don't want to fire?. I guess its been done before and if he contract years left he could have said I want all my money. He may be a great fund raiser, guess we'll have to wait and see on that
                          Who knows maybe the guy brings a half to one mill a year if he's good. Sure pays his meager 100k easy enough. May look bad on first blush but may end up a very good business deal
                          sure why not

Comment

For the record Coz contract was up so they wouldnt have had to pay him anything if they wanted to "fire" him. Thats not what this is. Diehards clearly never met the man because if he had he'd know Coz is a great ambassador for Maine. He'll raise money well beyond his salary. Hes a guy that got the job done instead of whining innthe BDN about what resources he had, he used Maines lack of resources to put a chip on his players shoulders. Maines other teams could more of that and less "aw shucks we're in the middle of nowhere and we have no money so lets just lose."

Theyre also paying it out of the Pres desrecrionary fund, not athleic or U budget. Same fund they used to buy out Whitehead IIRC. Creech made it a point to make that clear in the news stories when it came out.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              Theyre also paying it out of the Pres desrecrionary fund, not athleic or U budget. Same fund they used to buy out Whitehead IIRC. Creech made it a point to make that clear in the news stories when it came out.
                              Doesn't matter where the money came from
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Doesn't matter where the money came from
                                Who cares? If he can raise more money than it costs, it's a good deal. Period. We need to stop worrying and whining and just go out and get the job done. Phkit what people think
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X