X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    That was as bad of a play as you will ever see, can't quite believe that happened.

Where is Schurhamer? Surely he is a much better option than Riley or Hamilton.
    Maine online announcers said he has an "undisclosed" injury...
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

That was as bad of a play as you will ever see, can't quite believe that happened.

Where is Schurhamer? Surely he is a much better option than Riley or Hamilton.
      Drew my friend. It's time you move on to the next stage of grief. The denial stage has to end.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        Drew my friend. It's time you move on to the next stage of grief. The denial stage has to end.
        Ha, I still think they will come good in the next month. The 'defense' was flashbacks to last season.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

If you're going to have a good goal waived off, you want it to be in a 5-0 game. No idea how they blew that.

Comment

Apparently jaffe and caron don't have audio on replays. You could hear the whistle. Not sure why it was blown though. The gravallese special.

Comment

Ha, I still think they will come good in the next month. The 'defense' was flashbacks to last season.
              Please move on to the anger phase. As much as it pains me this team won't win 5 games this year. The whole program is shot. My family was very involved with Maine Hockey from 88 thru the mid 2000's. A certain member of my family who was a well known business owner in Bangor used to give tens of thousands to the program as well as sponsor players for the holidays etc. I can remember being an undergrad at Maine in the early 90's and always had a player there for Thanksgiving and or Christmas. This family member along with a few others paid Shawn's salary when he got suspended. When Shawn passed I knew it was the beginning of the end. And it has come to pass. Maine Hockey is done. It will never reach the prominence and greatness it had. The U has no money. The big money contributors don't donate anymore. The facilities are junk. It's over.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                Please move on to the anger phase. As much as it pains me this team won't win 5 games this year. The whole program is shot. My family was very involved with Maine Hockey from 88 thru the mid 2000's. A certain member of my family who was a well known business owner in Bangor used to give tens of thousands to the program as well as sponsor players for the holidays etc. I can remember being an undergrad at Maine in the early 90's and always had a player there for Thanksgiving and or Christmas. This family member along with a few others paid Shawn's salary when he got suspended. When Shawn passed I knew it was the beginning of the end. And it has come to pass. Maine Hockey is done. It will never reach the prominence and greatness it had. The U has no money. The big money contributors don't donate anymore. The facilities are junk. It's over.
                Things will never be the way they once were, no debate at all about that. Shawn was as good of a coach and program leader as there has ever been in college hockey. You are right there are challenges beyond just the hockey program too. I still think Maine is a couple years away from being top five in hockey east, making NCAA's two out of every three years, and making the frozen four every three or four years. This freshmen class as a whole is as good as we have seen in a long time and next year's looks much better.

Comment

Can someone please tell Gendron to drop the "Old Girl" B.S.? it just reminds everyone how old and crappy the facillity is and how much the atmosphere and everything else has gone down the tubes.

Comment

Things will never be the way they once were, no debate at all about that. Shawn was as good of a coach and program leader as there has ever been in college hockey. You are right there are challenges beyond just the hockey program too. I still think Maine is a couple years away from being top five in hockey east, making NCAA's two out of every three years, and making the frozen four every three or four years. This freshmen class as a whole is as good as we have seen in a long time and next year's looks much better.
                    Love your optimism Drew. But it's over. The program is beyond recovery. They may get to a lower to mid pack status in HE in the next couple years. But competing for a NCAA bid or HE title. Nope.

Comment

Love your optimism Drew. But it's over. The program is beyond recovery. They may get to a lower to mid pack status in HE in the next couple years. But competing for a NCAA bid or HE title. Nope.
                      Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Hell no !!
                          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Love u Wally.

Comment

Love u Wally.
                              The team sucks, I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Everybody says the recruits for next year are better but I'll believe that when I see it. You can't win if you can't score.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Well, that's how you really generate some enthusiasm for the team in your first home game that counts. What a dismal friggin' performance.

I'm almost starting to miss TIMMAY.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X