This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Gustav Nyquist signs NEW Deal with Detroit...4 yrs for $19 Million.

Comment

Nolan Vesey interview:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...832276&lang=en

Comment

Just saw a tweet from Maine's Hockey Twitter account. All home games are going to be streamed for free!

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
          Just saw a tweet from Maine's Hockey Twitter account. All home games are going to be streamed for free!
          Great move, I'll be there anyway but great for exposure
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Great move, I'll be there anyway but great for exposure
            I'm a big fan... Between my coaching schedule and a three year old, it is nearly impossible for me to make it to a game up in Orono nowadays...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
              I'm a big fan... Between my coaching schedule and a three year old, it is nearly impossible for me to make it to a game up in Orono nowadays...

While it's not a bad move I wonder how it's going to impact attendance. A half-empty Alfond is a turn-off for potential recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                While it's not a bad move I wonder how it's going to impact attendance. A half-empty Alfond is a turn-off for potential recruits.
                I think it will improve attendence. It gives people a way to stay interested and could turn casual fans into season ticket holders. I think it's a good idea and welcome step in the right direction.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

The rest of the athletic world has been streamed for years. With no harm done to attendance. A few people might stay home to watch a network-produced game with a plethora of camera angles. Nobody stays home to watch a sub-par college production with 2 or 3 crappy cameras.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Making my 2nd trip out to Maine in October. I'll be heading to the Icebreaker in what is amounting to a family reunion of sorts. There will be 8 UND fans in our party. Looking forward to taking future Mrs cF to MDI for a couple of relaxing days/nights before everyone else joins us in Portland.

Last time I was out your way, I spent most of the time along the coast and only got a couple nights in Portland. Any suggestions on family friendly places to go? One member of our party is under 2 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                      Making my 2nd trip out to Maine in October. I'll be heading to the Icebreaker in what is amounting to a family reunion of sorts. There will be 8 UND fans in our party. Looking forward to taking future Mrs cF to MDI for a couple of relaxing days/nights before everyone else joins us in Portland.

Last time I was out your way, I spent most of the time along the coast and only got a couple nights in Portland. Any suggestions on family friendly places to go? One member of our party is under 2 years old.
                      There's a children's museum (http://kitetails.org/) in Portland about a block up from the Civic Center. Head out to Two Lights and get some good lobster rolls (http://lobstershacktwolights.com/) just be ready to wait in line (and remember it is BYOB/wine).

Comment

Mark Hamilton at the Bruins development camp.

He looked pretty good, especially for an invite.

Comment

Hit Pai Men Meyake on State street while here. Best kept food secret in Portland. There is a plethora of great food choices all over Portland. On the way up to Mount Desert Island, I might stop at Youngs Lobster Pound in Belfast. Great selections and right on the water. Belfast was becoming a cool sea coast community, worth a stop there to stroll around.
                          sure why not

Comment

Red is keeping busy

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/07/3...-season-nears/

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              Hit Pai Men Meyake on State street while here. Best kept food secret in Portland. There is a plethora of great food choices all over Portland. On the way up to Mount Desert Island, I might stop at Youngs Lobster Pound in Belfast. Great selections and right on the water. Belfast was becoming a cool sea coast community, worth a stop there to stroll around.
                              It was good meeting you the other year, cFA. Teddy Bear is right on - most sentient post he's made in years. Don't worry about the line at the Lobster Shack out to Two Lights - if it is still open at that time in October, it will be locals only. Rockland is an old hard-knuckles fishing community that is experiencing a hipster renaissance. Rockport and Camden are nice harbors and all three of those towns aren't far from Belfast. I think you went to Pat's in Orono (don't bother with any of the other locations) the last time you were here. Whether you liked it or not, you have to go back. It's pretty much a rule.
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                                It was good meeting you the other year, cFA. Teddy Bear is right on - most sentient post he's made in years. Don't worry about the line at the Lobster Shack out to Two Lights - if it is still open at that time in October, it will be locals only. Rockland is an old hard-knuckles fishing community that is experiencing a hipster renaissance. Rockport and Camden are nice harbors and all three of those towns aren't far from Belfast. I think you went to Pat's in Orono (don't bother with any of the other locations) the last time you were here. Whether you liked it or not, you have to go back. It's pretty much a rule.
                                If you go to MDI, take a left in Ellsworth and go to Schoodic Point. Too bad its october I'd tell you to go to Dennetts wharf in Castine and sit on the wharf and have a cocktail. One of my favorite things to do on a hot summer day. Few pops and plate of steamers, pretty good way to spend an hour or two
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X