This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2015, Part 3: Stanley Cup and Offseason

The NHL consulted the only expert they had to explain this John Scott situation.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      How else do you propose having a fan vote? Or are you proposing there never should have been a fan vote in the first place (I wouldn't disagree)?

Regardless, you dodged my response. How does that make all fans who campaigned/voted for Scott "idiots"?
      Fan voting for MLB used to be in person only not that they'd ever go back to that, and MTU aside you don't think voting for Scott is lame?
      Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-16-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        MTU aside you don't think voting for Scott is lame?
        I think it's irrelevant. If the fans decide to gang up and vote for some scrub near the end of his career, I think we're within our "rights" to do so under the existing rules set by the league.

Comment

Nice dodge. Is it lame to vote for him or not? fyi I think the NHL should have let him play given that's the process.

Comment

Nice dodge. Is it lame to vote for him or not? fyi I think the NHL should have let him play given that's the process.
            OK, you got me. No, it is not lame to vote for John Scott, nor any other 4th line scrub, when the rules do not restrict such votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              OK, you got me. No, it is not lame to vote for John Scott, nor any other 4th line scrub, when the rules do not restrict such votes.
              Yes, it is lame. Within the rules, but lame. Vote for guys who legitimately deserve to be called "All Stars."

Comment

It might be lame if the ASG actually counted for something. Anything. Like if the league adopted the MLB model of having the winner earn home ice for the Eastern or Western conference team in the Stanley Cup Finals.

As it is, screw it.

Comment

I have to wonder if the Internet will out do this debacle next year... Just go and do an entire team like they did for Scott...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    Yes, it is lame. Within the rules, but lame. Vote for guys who legitimately deserve to be called "All Stars."

Not looking for a fight, but I think it's a great troll and the NHL would have been better served to just roll with it coz moving forward, they're asking for more of the same. I didn't vote for Scott this year, but I might for whomever the scrub of the year is next time.

I have no respect for the NHL ASG, so don't really care if their boring joke of an exhibition was made a mockery of.

They're trying to protect the integrity of a game that has no integrity.

Seriously... who cares?

It's unwatchable.

Comment

I give zero ****s about John Scott playing or not playing in the ASG...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

This all could have been handled quite adroitly and with tact. Present Scott an honorary captaincy/fan appreciation award of some kind, hell, even let him play a shift. Let him bow out of the game and put in Max Domi or one of the other Coyotes who have been tearing it up this year, maybe donate his share of the bonus to charity, we all have a chuckle and recognize a hard-working decent guy (if not the greatest player ever,) everyone goes home happy and with their dignity intact.

The NHL chose to screw it up completely.
                        Last edited by Twitch Boy; 01-17-2016, 01:11 AM.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          Vote for the guys who then skip the game anyways? Just sayin'.

Scott wants to be there, he knows it was a troll, but still wants to be there. Let him have his moment.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            I give zero ****s about John Scott playing or not playing in the ASG...
                            Not the point.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Scott wants to be there, he knows it was a troll, but still wants to be there. Let him have his moment.
                              I don't think anyone is arguing against this point so I don't know why people keep going back to it.

Comment

I don't think anyone is arguing against this point so I don't know why people keep going back to it.
                                It's mainly for the people who say "vote for the 'real' all-star players" instead of Scott. Well, too many of the "real" AS's skip out, so what's wrong with voting for a guy who actually wants to be there?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X