X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    thanks for keeping that updated. I refer to that all the time, especially as the recruits have been streaming in the last couple of weeks. Things are definitely looking up.
    No worries. It's been nuts lately.

I'll be curious to see what they do to fill in on defense this year since we look to be short one man there right now.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

more on Ranta:
      http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=2650688
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        No worries. It's been nuts lately.

I'll be curious to see what they do to fill in on defense this year since we look to be short one man there right now.
        With 7 defensemen and Hurley and McGuire as other defensive options they have enough bodies to get through the year.

It will be fun to see the defensemen in 3 years when a whole lot of NHL draft picks are patrolling the blue line.

Comment

Goodness...

Another two commits. Christian and Cole Krygiers

http://lincolnstars.com/2016/08/04/k...-to-wisconsin/

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Goodness...

Another two commits. Christian and Cole Krygiers

http://lincolnstars.com/2016/08/04/k...-to-wisconsin/
            HUGE pick-ups!

Comment

• Eleven commits since the Fourth of July...

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                Eleven commits since the Fourth of July...
                The ship is turning around😀
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Not counting this year, the next 4 years there are 16, 17, 14 and 15 F committed. UW is well insulated from early departures gutting the roster. And the quality of the players is very impressive. It's just not depth to have depth it's quality depth.

Not counting this year, the next 4 years there are 11, 12, 11, 10 D committed. Same deal with UW being insulated from early departures. Quality is maybe a tad suspect with some of the holdovers, but they will be servicable players with the coaches UW has now.

They could add 2 F to 19-20 if they want. Other than that and maybe a goalie, they are done recruiting for the next 5 years. ...or are they!?

The move of BA hiring TG may be the best coaching men's hockey hire @ UW since hiring Bob Johnson, and may only be surpassed by the hiring to Bo Ryan when looking at all UW men's coaches overall. Time will tell, but the first few months of the TG era have surpassed my expectations 1000%. TG is rivaling Mark Johnson as far as total depth of quality of the recruits in a much harder recruiting market. I probably owe BA an apology. Or two.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    The ship is turning around��
                    Hay is being made while the sun is shining

The mountain is being climbed

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

Who's ready to go steal some ponies?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Not counting this year, the next 4 years there are 16, 17, 14 and 15 F committed. UW is well insulated from early departures gutting the roster. And the quality of the players is very impressive. It's just not depth to have depth it's quality depth.

Not counting this year, the next 4 years there are 11, 12, 11, 10 D committed. Same deal with UW being insulated from early departures. Quality is maybe a tad suspect with some of the holdovers, but they will be servicable players with the coaches UW has now.
                        I would not be shocked if some of the Eaves/Strand recruits start to fall off of those lists in the near future. The talent that is coming now from this staff seems to be of a higher quality and you would have to think that some of those kids would be moving to different programs where they might get more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

Let the puppies out of the barn so hay can be stored and the puppies can sail a ship up the mountain to the summit where badger Bob will speak from the heavens and they'll come back with wisdom and G2O will instill grit, and install Badger Bob's playbook and...and...championships! That's what! And the kc can one day claim to be the Montreal forum of college hockey, the blc will open, banners re-installed, swagger will return and even Duane Derksen will come back for a Minnesota series to raise hell in state street and gloat after the victories...oh and he should teach jurisik how to properly chirp at the rodents and show them his glove hand after a save.

Wisconsin Hockey: we're back!
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            I would not be shocked if some of the Eaves/Strand recruits start to fall off of those lists in the near future. The talent that is coming now from this staff seems to be of a higher quality and you would have to think that some of those kids would be moving to different programs where they might get more time.
                            I agree, especially on D.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I agree, especially on D.
                              I would not be shocked if some of the Donato recruits transfer after they run up against some NCHC talent and realize this isn't Kansas anymore.

Comment

Seriously, what the **** is happening? I know the boys can recruit, but how are they getting these guys so quickly? The promise they're staying put? The recruit "momentum"? Even though there was a coaching change and the past 2 seasons were absolutely horrible, how are they getting it done?

You'd think this was a southern basketball or football team complete with chronic and hookers.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X