This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    The same people who are taking 40,000 selfies a day are also claiming that they're bored. I've suggested they put the phone down and go outside, but no one's listening.
    The only way to beat the game...is to refuse to play. Period. Social media...pfft. Bring it all crumbling to the ground.

Sadly, this board is my one last vice, but alas...even I ain't perfect
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

If you are carrying a large, unopened umbrella, please do not walk around holding it parallel to the ground and swing it back and forth while you are walking on a crowded sidewalk!
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

My boss has reached a new low in his incorrect apostrophe usage. Today he sent an email with an apostrophe in a person's first name that happens to end in 's'. No possessive. For instance, if your name was Ulysses... he said "Ulysse's".

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          My boss has reached a new low in his incorrect apostrophe usage. Today he sent an email with an apostrophe in a person's first name that happens to end in 's'. No possessive. For instance, if your name was Ulysses... he said "Ulysse's".
          Reminds me of the joke about all the Irish people who voted for O'Bama....

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Do some of you read every single FB update since your last visit? I guess I just don't run into the, "my dog learned a new trick" idiots for some reason. I see the occasional political rant but not only do I skip it the second I understand their point, but I also don't get upset that some find it necessary to pontificate. I have a friend that just hates living here for his own personal reasons, and even if I read a full post that makes zero sense I don't get upset. Move on people.

Comment

To those golfers who get done putting on the green and then stay there to add their strokes and then talk about a particular shot. Get off the **** green and add up your scores on the next tee box.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                To those golfers who get done putting on the green and then stay there to add their strokes and then talk about a particular shot. Get off the **** green and add up your scores on the next tee box.
                -1 (birdie)

Too good a post to give you a bogey.

Pet peeve on the local 9 hole muni - foot golf. In theory it's not a bad idea, but bad soccer kickers are worse than bad golfers.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Do some of you read every single FB update since your last visit? I guess I just don't run into the, "my dog learned a new trick" idiots for some reason. I see the occasional political rant but not only do I skip it the second I understand their point, but I also don't get upset that some find it necessary to pontificate. I have a friend that just hates living here for his own personal reasons, and even if I read a full post that makes zero sense I don't get upset. Move on people.
                  You are in a thread whose sole purpose is to ***** about mundane things and you are surprised to see people *****ing about mundane things? Either you are going for irony or you completely missed the point...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    You are in a thread whose sole purpose is to ***** about mundane things and you are surprised to see people *****ing about mundane things? Either you are going for irony or you completely missed the point...
                    Maybe people *****ing about things on Facebook grinds his gears and YOU missed the point.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Maybe people *****ing about things on Facebook grinds his gears and YOU missed the point.
                      I think Handy understands that, but SlapShot doing that grinds Handy's gears. And you failing to understand that grinds my gears.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        I think Handy understands that, but SlapShot doing that grinds Handy's gears. And you failing to understand that grinds my gears.
                        how many gears could a groundhog grind, if a groundhog could grind gears?

or something like that...

Comment

Hope we don't loose this game. It's frickin lose not loose. Drives me nuts.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/36198497.jpg
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I seen that before. To many times.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't have the best syntax/structure by any means, but at least I know basic grammar. It's astounding how bad people are nowadays.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X