Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Whatever it's still equally a dick move and the only one that intentionally caused damage.
    Completely disagree. Be a dick, I'll reciprocate. If the ***** would have parked like a normal person (had 30 feet behind their car), then they wouldn't have had a problem. Idiots get their desevrings.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Completely disagree. Be a dick, I'll reciprocate. If the ***** would have parked like a normal person (had 30 feet behind their car), then they wouldn't have had a problem. Idiots get their desevrings.
      Yeah, in that case he should have left a whole parking space or so, especially if you have a big *** truck to get out of a parallel parking spot. Its just not easy to get something like that out of a spot like that.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Of course you believe your jagoff move was justified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Of course you believe your jagoff move was justified.
          So, what exactly is the right move to do? Wait potentially several hours for said idiot to return? Then what? Obviously he can't confront him/her, can't hurt their feelings, you know.

Does he give them a participation ribbon for partaking in the local idiotgames?

You probably drive a prius, and don't know what driving a large vehicle is like.

Comment

People can always find justifications to make dick moves, the question is how do they react when someone does a dick move TO them. My guess is they wont justify that
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              So, what exactly is the right move to do? Wait potentially several hours for said idiot to return? Then what? Obviously he can't confront him/her, can't hurt their feelings, you know.

You probably drive a prius, and don't know what driving a large vehicle is like.
              Since one should anticipate being parked in, you pull forward to get some space. Then you have more space to get out. It's not rocket science to give yourself space as you parallel park.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Since one should anticipate being parked in, you pull forward to get some space. Then you have more space to get out. It's not rocket science to give yourself space as you parallel park.
                YOU may be the proper, courteous driver. But if the other person is incompetent or an arsehat, then short of soending hours waiting for room to open up, what do you do? What do you do?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  YOU may be the proper, courteous driver. But if the other person is incompetent or an arsehat, then short of soending hours waiting for room to open up, what do you do? What do you do?
                  That's what I'm saying- I'm assuming that the other two people will be jerks, so I leave space in front or behind of my car.

And in THIS case, remove the trailer hitch.

For all of the ranting that goes on, it seems that most here would anticipate people being a-holes, so you come up with ways around it. Guess not.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    That's what I'm saying- I'm assuming that the other two people will be jerks, so I leave space in front or behind of my car.

For all of the ranting that goes on, it seems that most here would anticipate people being a-holes, so you come up with ways around it. Guess not.
                    Pretty much part and parcel to what my company teaches in its driver training: Everybody else on the road is stupid as hell and you have to what you can to avoid it.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

When you send an email with "High Importance" and you aren't upper management, it's automatically moved to the bottom of my list.

Comment

• Standard Operating Procedure in bigger cities/congested parking areas. Working downtown, I've lost count how many times I was parked in even after leaving room initially. And my company truck is tiny GMC Canyon.

Watched a guy hit my truck getting INTO the parking spot behind me. Pressed the panic button to make the truck lights flash and horn sound. A*hole checked to make sure *his* car was okay, and flipped me the bird and walked away.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

My director's admin has taken to immediately replying to all his meeting requests as "tentative," so I have no idea what meetings he's actually planning to attend (mine or anyone else's). Grrrrrr.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

I sure wasn't going to any extra effort, like removing my hitch to keep some *******s bumper from being damaged. The guy was an ***, he deserved it.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

He didn't say he couldn't get out otherwise and I've owned trucks several times over. But I love the knuckle dragger 5 y.yo. logic you resort to because I think intentionally damaging someone else's vehicle because you don't like how they parked is equally a punk *** cowardly move. I hope the next guy is just as big of a meathead and stumbles upon him in action.

Comment

I sure wasn't going to any extra effort, like removing my hitch to keep some *******s bumper from being damaged. The guy was an ***, he deserved it.
                                Was the space metered? If so, then the onus is on you to fit into the metered spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X