X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    They've started banning charity muggers in parts of the UK and Australia. Apparently they got way out of hand, flooding every major foot traffic area.
    16th Street Mall is lousy with them.

These jokers set up on a street corner with the typical assortment of signs (errybody gon' hell, repent now, wages of sin is death, etc.) I hit the red light and one actually started WALKING UP TO MY PASSENGER SIDE DOOR. That is a no-go. Let's see you try that on the east side of Saginaw.
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 07-26-2015, 11:54 AM.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I beg forgiveness.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

These jokers set up on a street corner with the typical assortment of signs (errybody gon' hell, repent now, wages of sin is death, etc.) I hit the red light and one actually started WALKING UP TO MY PASSENGER SIDE DOOR. That is a no-go. Let's see you try that on the east side of Saginaw.
        I guess overseas, they tend to work for big, scammy, corporate "charities", and they're essentially treated as salespeople. In exchange for getting people to sign up for a monthly, automatic donation (which requires giving them your bank or credit info - SMDH ), they get about 50%, the company gets about 40%, and 10% goes to the actual charitable work.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

lolwut

Comment

Word of advice to people. Don't parallel park 6 inches behind a truck with a receiver hitch. Its a dick move to begin with, and when I have a receiver hitch, I have no qualms about putting it through your chincy *** plastic Japanese bumper.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Word of advice to people. Don't parallel park 6 inches behind a truck with a receiver hitch. Its a dick move to begin with, and when I have a receiver hitch, I have no qualms about putting it through your chincy *** plastic Japanese bumper.
              Did you leave a note saying "I'm writing this so the people watching will think I'm leaving my info, but you're a dick and deserve this damage so suck it!"?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Did you leave a note saying "I'm writing this so the people watching will think I'm leaving my info, but you're a dick and deserve this damage so suck it!"?
                No, it was too hot to get out of the truck again, the AC was going full force.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Way to out ahole him.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Way to out ahole him.
                    Honestly, if that's the only way to leave the parking space...

A few years ago, MNS was over here one night, and when he went to leave, found that the guy next to him left him no choice BUT to hit the car to get out. MNS actually called the police (911, due to the hour of night) to ask what to do. They flat out told him that no worries if/WHEN MNS hit the car. No harm, no foul.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

Way to out ahole him.
                      I'd hope its more of a lesson learned, but someone that parks that close probably isn't smart enough to figure the lesson out.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Whatever it's still equally a dick move and the only one that intentionally caused damage.

Comment

Whatever it's still equally a dick move and the only one that intentionally caused damage.
                          In MNS' and bbdl's situation...

1. They have no authority to have a car towed for performing a crappy parking job.
                          2. They had to leave their parking spot.
                          3. In MNS' case, he got permission from the authorities themselves to hit the car to get out.

Again, if you have to leave, what are you supposed to do?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            In MNS' and bbdl's situation...

1. They have no authority to have a car towed for performing a crappy parking job.
                            2. They had to leave their parking spot.
                            3. In MNS' case, he got permission from the authorities themselves to hit the car to get out.

Again, if you have to leave, what are you supposed to do?
                            Except MNS didn't take pure pleasure in destroying someone else's property.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              Except MNS didn't take pure pleasure in destroying someone else's property.
                              Look who we're talking about here. In both cases.

I fully admit, if some jack bag did that to me, even with permission from the authorities, I'd have fun doing it.

Comment

I didn't hit the car. Only had an inch or so of room, but managed not hit it.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X